Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Minimum for Newbies?

Hello,

I am a student currently half way through a pre-apprenticeship hvac/r program which actually gives me the first unit of schooling and a good chunk of practical hours towards the first year of apprenticeship.

I have more than a few leads to pursue for entering the field after school thanks to my teacher.

I was just wondering why a post minimum is critical as to become a pro member? I am just looking to get into the education forum so that I can get some extra help if I am stuck/lost in an assignment. I am not on here as often as I would like because I am either at school or trying to pay for my education but it would be nice to see the pre-requisites to become a pro member relaxed a bit for entrance into the educational forum.

I just want to get into the education forum to start, and would definitely post topic relevant information, and offer help when I could to the few that are greener than myself if I was granted admission.

Thanks

Basically, so that you can prove yourself.

I'm not on the membership committee, but, I'm sure Twili will be along shortly to elaborate.

Offer what you can, when you can. Ask questions.

Thanks. Ooooh look I'm almost there! I think my student I.D # and program name should almost suffice.

I just applied. I hope I don't get turned down because I included my student information as well as my program information and contacts.

Do you know if they delete this information once membership status has been decided, because that is pretty personal information.

if you just applied, you better make 4 more posts quick, or you will surely be rejected, just reply to anything

Unfortunately, reading comprehension doesn't appear to be a course you passed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Have to say I feel a little stupid trying to get 15 posts. I'm also a student, not a heck of a lot to contribute... yet. Although this is one more post done!

yeah, i too am new here and was thinking the same thing.
    except i just recently started working in the refer-field and want/need to learn so much stuff.
    i been silently browsing/searching threads here for a few months now.
    trying to suck up any relevant info. as i possibly can. so far its been extremly helpful.
    just need to retain/apply it to some "hands on" now.
    i recently applied with what was asked, ......
    does anybody know if this is a long waiting process?

ok thx.. i'll be knee deep in old threads in the mean time =]

I don't understand though...what does having 15 posts have to do with being accepted? They don't state that the posts need to be relevant to anything so I could just go into one of the non-hvac threads and post a bunch of stuff. If your knowledge is limited but you actually are pursuing a career in the field and you're not just some DIY'er and can prove it, shouldn't that be good enough?

We are just getting into heat loads and our first big assignment for this unit is doing the heat load calculations for our classroom if we wanted to retrofit it into a cold room. What size evaporator(s) and condenser we'd need. The theory is starting to get a bit trickier but it's also getting more interesting.

Sooooo close...

Well, it helps to post something that shows you have a clue, the 15 posts gives them a piece of the puzzle to decide whether you qualify, but if you have to post some off topic stuff also

just dont turn into one of the guys that post constantly trying to prove to everyone how smart they are

Swampfox - Thee Hell Hole Swamp, SC - or just a (/an?) Hell Hole Swamp?
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Jamestown, SC

well I dont really live there, but close enough, fits the username

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast