Hybrid View

Post Likes

Any good HVAC correspondence schools?

I need some advice., I live in a remote part of Washington State, there are no opportunities for schooling anywhere on the map. I am interested in the HVAC trade, and for my question, is there a universally known correspondence school course or online study course that is a considered to be really good and worth the money? I know there is really no substitute for a real apprenticeship, but there are no opportunities where I live, and to support a family quickly I will have to have some knowledge before I can be employable in any other town. I'm too old to start at minimum wage with a family.

Thanks for any info.

Post Likes
    Maybe you can check out RSI Inc. Its in Phoenix AZ, I have been going here since April and will obtain my certificate in March. They have other programs but its been a real good learning experience. Lots of hands on, they have a good reputation around town with employers and seasoned techs.

You could check out Craigslist for job offers. I know for a fact we have a few students here from the Washington area. Theres a guy in my class that is taking the 2 year degree course and he drove down from Michigan.

Anyways here is a link to RSI and Phoenix Craigslist.

Good Luck

RSI Inc.
    http://www.refrigerationschool.com/

Phoenix Craigslist (Check Jobs)
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/

Post Likes
    Check out www.hvacreducation.org it is an on line program.

Post Likes

Talking rses

Quote Originally Posted by Broadco View Post
    I need some advice., I live in a remote part of Washington State, there are no opportunities for schooling anywhere on the map. I am interested in the HVAC trade, and for my question, is there a universally known correspondence school course or online study course that is a considered to be really good and worth the money? I know there is really no substitute for a real apprenticeship, but there are no opportunities where I live, and to support a family quickly I will have to have some knowledge before I can be employable in any other town. I'm too old to start at minimum wage with a family.

Thanks for any info.
    if there is a rses chapter in your area , they have an excellent catalog of online material of all kinds . Send for the catalog , it's free . their chapter meetings are good too as once a month they have educational meetings , usually with an eqp't. rep showing off the latest stuff. As a student u can join rses reasonably , very good org. ask anyone in this group. Welcome to our club , good luck in your new career.............Jack

Post Likes

Schooling info

Thanks all for the links.

I came across information for an Ashland collage, with online school courses for HVAC. I have no idea if it's a scam.
    Anyone ever heard of it, or knows if it or if it's a reputable course?

Thanks

John
    (Broadco)

Post Likes
    Thanks all for the links.

I came across information for an Ashland collage, with online school courses for HVAC. I have no idea if it's a scam.
    Anyone ever heard of it, or knows if it or if it's a reputable course?

Thanks

John
    (Broadco)
    Use to be called PDI. I was taking the "Electrician" course.
    Very outdated material. $800

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnerfixer View Post
    Use to be called PDI. I was taking the "Electrician" course.
    Very outdated material. $800
    I wondered about the books. They called me because I inquired online, and said that the course is review by the Board of education every qtr or something like that. But like you say, that doesn't mean it's up to date material edited by the HVAC industry.

Thanks,
    Any other corrispondece courses you know of?

John
    (Broadco)

Post Likes
    Ferris State University and Wastenaw Community college both have on-line degree programs that are very good. Ferris is one of the top HVAC schools in america and Wastenaw works hand in hand with the United Association for their program. I would suggest that you find an entry level job while taking these classes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Ferris State University and Wastenaw Community college both have on-line degree programs that are very good. Ferris is one of the top HVAC schools in america and Wastenaw works hand in hand with the United Association for their program. I would suggest that you find an entry level job while taking these classes.
    Hey thanks,
    I didn't run across these schools in my search.

John

Post Likes
    Hey thanks,
    I didn't run across these schools in my search.

John
    Hi all!
    I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Post Likes

HVACReducation.net

this site appears to have potential:
    www.HVACReducation.net

Post Likes
    also google "ASHRAE elearning"