Thread: Using apps in the field?

Post Likes

Using apps in the field?

Are you currently using apps in the field to help make your job easier? What would you like to see in app development that the industry is lacking?

We appreciate any feedback or insight that forum members can provide. Stay cool out there!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    A refrigeration pipe sizing tool would be great.

3. Likes nicolekapplhvac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    app that would size pulley,belts

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hvacr View Post
    A refrigeration pipe sizing tool would be great.
    BUY A CALIPER, THERE CHEAP!!!!

but to be honest when I see a MECHANIC use a caliper to measure pipe, I kind of loose a little respect for him, when you work with these pipes for years, and DONT know the sizes? there's a problem, there's not that many??? I can grab and not look and tell ya,jus saying.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporlan View Post
    Are you currently using apps in the field to help make your job easier? What would you like to see in app development that the industry is lacking?

We appreciate any feedback or insight that forum members can provide. Stay cool out there!
    a easy to use, but records sent vital info, but not overboard, I sold my iconnect because I felt it was getting carried away, now I have to buy this redfish meter? to use with the app, any meter should work, never heard of redfish, obviously there's money in it for imperial, I like SMART apps, like the way some company's factor in the outside ambient into there digital probe sets is great, as the ambient plays a role, if perfection and a good job is what your after? lol ,maybe for like for example I use a new refrigerant, a app, that tells you about the refrigerant, what kind of temps/pressures, etc, it runs at, if in walk in box, or on a roof, SMART apps make my day....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporlan View Post

There are a lot of us here who would benefit from an app to estimate the required condenser flooding charge based on the procedure outlined in Sporlan Bulletin 90-30-1:

http://sporlanonline.com/literature/90/90-30-1.pdf

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post
    Here's a simple belt sizing program that could be made into an app:

Belt Sizing Calculator

Name:  Belt Size Calculator.png
Views: 296
Size:  15.1 KB

Post Likes
    ice the cap tube resizer would be a good one too

10. Likes fridg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    a easy to use, but records sent vital info, but not overboard, I sold my iconnect because I felt it was getting carried away, now I have to buy this redfish meter? to use with the app, any meter should work, never heard of redfish, obviously there's money in it for imperial
    I see a question mark
    You don't need to buy a redfish meter
    You can use any meter

You should continue to use question marks with all your random thoughts IMO
    It will make it easier for guys reading to tell what you don't know or if you are just shooting off your mouth

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post

This maybe of some use.

Browning® Toolbox Technician™ by Regal Beloit America Incorporated
    https://appsto.re/au/K0lBJ.i
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Great suggestions! I will send these ideas to our development team. Thanks for the replies and keep them coming!

It's people in the field that help determine what products and apps we release in the future!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    ice the cap tube resizer would be a good one too

X2.

Just please make it in metric & imperial units.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fridg View Post
    X2.

Just please make it in metric & imperial units.
    My Cap Tube Resizer will work with any units as long as all the units are the same...ie, it calculates a new length of cap tube when you input the old ID, the old Length and the new ID. If those numbers are all in cm for example, the result will be in cm also.

I'm making (slow) progress at creating a simple Android app for it, so stay tuned.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    a easy to use, but records sent vital info, but not overboard, I sold my iconnect because I felt it was getting carried away, now I have to buy this redfish meter? to use with the app, any meter should work, never heard of redfish, obviously there's money in it for imperial, I like SMART apps, like the way some company's factor in the outside ambient into there digital probe sets is great, as the ambient plays a role, if perfection and a good job is what your after? lol ,maybe for like for example I use a new refrigerant, a app, that tells you about the refrigerant, what kind of temps/pressures, etc, it runs at, if in walk in box, or on a roof, SMART apps make my day....
    Have you downloaded our free Sporlan ChillMaster P/T app? The ChillMaster P-T app allows quick pressure to temperature conversion by providing essential refrigerant data to mobile devices.

The latest refrigerants were just updated in the app. Download it here.

We also have a Refrigeration Troubleshooting app available for purchase that could be of use to technicians. You can check it out here.

18. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in