BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i Smartphone ????

Hello, is anyone familiar with the Curve?

I would have one of my guys use it, with Nextel push/talk.

I'm looking for an opinion on the push/talk feature paired up with the Blackberry phone itself.

Thanks for any comments,

Gary

So far so good except.... Blackberry claims that the "servers" keep "burping" causing the text, internet etc not to work and you have to reset the phone. I've had one for a week so far and had to reset it twice so far. Now I know how to do it so I shouldn't have to call next time. "They" say "they" are working on the problem but we'll see. I never buy the "New" thing but this time I needed a new phone and they offered an "upgrade".

In November we went with the HP ipaq, which has a blackberry competitor, as it was cheaper. It has a nice GPS map that includes traffic too. The nice thing is everything the blackberry advertises as 'new' the HP already has. I was worried that cheaper would mean crappier... but so far it's been stomping all over the blackberry.

Don't know about Hp ipaq I wouldn't be interested in that phone. I have a Blackberry Curve but it doesn't have PTT. I still have my personal Blackberry Curve 8330 and my work phone a nextel i730. I hate nextel and love my blackberry but I don't know about the Sprint ones with PTT.

Quote Originally Posted by marauderx View Post
    In November we went with the HP ipaq, which has a blackberry competitor, as it was cheaper. It has a nice GPS map that includes traffic too. The nice thing is everything the blackberry advertises as 'new' the HP already has. I was worried that cheaper would mean crappier... but so far it's been stomping all over the blackberry.
    Is that a phone??? or a pda????

They have both phones and PDA's depending on the model number of the ipaq it tells you what you have.

So, a PDA without a phone service that does internet?? Is it wifi or does it have its own special internet connection??

I believe he brought up ipaq because that's what he uses as a cell phone. It has windows mobile. It uses an internet connection like other phones do. I like the curve. Yes sometimes you have to "reboot" a curve when something isn't working right. Alt + right shift + del key and it restarts. Nothing complicated about that.

You have to reboot most smart phones to keep 'em going. I simply pop the batter on my HTC Wing every day or two.

Back to the OP...

I also carry a Nextel i800 for the office. I'm interested in the BB Curve with PTT. So, I'll be riding along to see some of the other reviews.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

im going to wait till april to get the new nextel BB. basicly so i can get a discount on ugrading and hopefully by then they will fix that server problem..

right now i have that i902 the "hybrid" that works on the sprint servers for reg calling and texting and nextel servers for direct connect...

There are 3 or 4 different Blackberry Curve phones. Each has a different chipset. They are specially built for each carrier. Some don't have WI-FI capabilities, like my 8310 for AT&T, nor do the 8330 Verizon models. The WI-FI capabilities and GPS capabilities are controlled by additional chip sections in the phones. The T-Mobile Curves have WI-FI chips built in. And I think the Sprint Curves do too.

The Curves are killer phones and even have spreadsheet capabilities. I just bought an Office package for mine.

The built-in camera is better than the ones in most phones too.

Try http://www.blackberryforums.com/ everything about BlackBerry you ever wanted to know.

I am currently using a 7520 and may upgrade to the 8350i, the Nextel 2 way feature has had me hooked for years, but it seems that fewer and fewer people have it than before.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.