Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Most Years of HVAC Experence

Thought I would be fun to see who On HVAC-talk has the most time in HVAC.

Also what got you interested in HVAC.

Me Apx. 7 yrs.

Building Operation and I found I loved the HVAC to the point of going back to school again.
    If you help others then you are a Success

34 years.

It seemed interesting, so I decided to give it a try.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I started doing it for a contractor 19 years ago but was doing it on a small scale in a factory for 5 years so combined 24 years. I was always interested in heating and when I started learning about a/c it blew my mind. The first thing I did was cut a hermetic in half because I had a hard time believing there was a motor inside. There was and it was a burnout.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

36 yrs, fixin to retire.....if my customers will let me. Some say "No way".
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

We always had H-V when I was a kid but my parents didn't get A-C until 2002.
    Read, read, read!

I've been around so long I actually set up the refrigeration equipment that started the first ice age. I made the cubes for the first drink GOD had when he rested on the 7th day.

I started working as a trim out man, putting on grills, stats, hooking up gas lines and starting up furnaces. The company did mostly RNC work. I would trim out four houses each day. This was in 1961.
    I started our company in 1964.
    All this said, Ive been working in this industry for 48 years. It has been a great ride and I'm still riding. We have been able to send our children through college and now are seeing grandchildren in higher education.
    I've seen more of the world, than I every imagined. I've met some of the greatest people in our industry.
    I've seen us going from installing heat only systems, with 1/2" duct insulation, no backing, glued on, to what we are seeing now.
    The future is very bright for those of you that want it to be and are willing to learn. So be the very best you can be and never give up.

16 years.
    Funny thing is I recently serviced the same house I wrapped my first piece of duct on
    better than factory work

I started in inventory management in 68 and got a chance to run service in early 1970. I guess the only thing that went wrong then was the only tech they had quit after I was running service for just 2 months. It was a challenge.

The largest education for me was starting my own business in 96. Now that was a challenge.
    Tracers work both ways.

31 years.
    I cant think of any more interesting work for me.

Been 18 years now for me.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by ball a/c View Post
    I started working as a trim out man, putting on grills, stats, hooking up gas lines and starting up furnaces. The company did mostly RNC work. I would trim out four houses each day. This was in 1961.
    I started our company in 1964.
    All this said, Ive been working in this industry for 48 years. It has been a great ride and I'm still riding. We have been able to send our children through college and now are seeing grandchildren in higher education.
    I've seen more of the world, than I every imagined. I've met some of the greatest people in our industry.
    I've seen us going from installing heat only systems, with 1/2" duct insulation, no backing, glued on, to what we are seeing now.
    The future is very bright for those of you that want it to be and are willing to learn. So be the very best you can be and never give up.
    WoW....that's cool .......

40 yr....here.....27 as an owner.........

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast