Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hand tools being swiped.

I am lousy at keeping my tools. I will lose a crescent here, a channel locks, screw drivers.

I usually will leave them in a machine room or inside a unit. I did a project about a month ago, where I swear I had left some tools in the locked room overnight, figuring it was no biggie since I'd was to return in the am. I lost a bunch of stuff including a box of electrical terminations and what not. I went and asked the manager about it, who does not like me. I don't care for him either.

It just ticks you off. You can't accuse them. And it was no other way those tools and stuff was misplaced. I left them in that room and somehow the next morning the stuff and tools was gone.

Not to mention your coworkers. I don't trust some of them to be man enough to return something. I know a couple of our guys would not return something or even trouble themselves to ask around who's tool it might be of they happen to find one.

Those sorts of things really burn my a$$.

So. I went tool shopping yesterday to restock my Veto, cold weather is coming and need to be as prepared as possible.

I got to tell you. Sears is really starting to go down hill with their tool prices and the way they lay out the store tool area. I started by adding a bunch of stuff to the cart, and something just wasn't satisfying me about the prices or selections. I ditched the cart and left.

I went over to Lowes and Home Depot. Were only talking dikes, linemens, wire stripper/crimpers, some magnetic hex bits and stuff like that. I got good prices and good solid klein tools from both places. I shopped both first to see the better prices between the two stores, being that they were right next to one another. And I was able to come away with great deals between the two.

Sears better get their $hit together. It's starting to look a little gay in there.

I think that Sears is marketing to the weekend warrior yuppie Mr. Fixit type.

That explains their layout.

The pros will either buy there or not. We are hard nosed and often stubborn and very hard to sway with little marketing tricks.

When I need a crescent wrench, I'm not going to go buy a new power tool to go with it. I know what I need and I go get it. In that respect Lowes and HD are laid out a little better.

Don't get mad at someone else because you left tools and material laying around. Everyone here has lost tools but at the same time we have all "found" a new tool and kept it. I'll try to find the owner but I'm not going to waste a lot of time. Sounds like you were having a "bad tool" day. What makes you think that manager doesn't like you?

I swear I do like 3 walk arounds before I leave a job now. One job I did was up in an overhead and I had to replace a blower motor on a horizontal forced air unit. I left a set of wrenches, a cresent and a few other small things in that darn compartment and didnt even realize it till after I left. I hate leaving things behind but I know if I need some tools all I have to do is follow my boss around because hes sure to leave tools.

Sears is lowsy, if i need something at sears i go online first. you can purchase something online then go to the store and pick it up. what you do is find what you want, google sears online coupons, get the discount then buy, go to the store and pick it up. I went to HD last night and I swear they had so many things I didnt even know they carried. This one had malco tools, every ridgid pipe wrench I could want and several other things ive never seen at hd before. I was definitely pleasantly suprised.
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

i cannot remember the last time i stepped foot in a sears store.

my sears is located in the mall, and i don't like that place at all. if my sears was a stand alone, i might go and look around, but i am continually unhappy with thier price and selection of everyday tools that i need to perform my job.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i can't remember losing a tool since i started carrying a tool bag instead of a box.
    quick look at the bag before i leave and i notice if somethings not there.

I was in Sears yesterday. Girlfriend was going to the mall and asked if I wanted to ride along, maybe go look at Sears tools.

Hmmm...... ok not a bad idea. Now honestly I look at there stuff now and then but I don't buy much other then their flashlights ....... their pretty good and cheap. I lose flashlights too often to buy expensive ones for doing bids.

BOY ARE THEY GETTING OVER PRICED

Its been a while but I noticed a few small little items like regular flashlight bulbs, halogen light bulbs (the tube type), and a few other things were 3 times the cost they were last time I was in there ........... thats just pure NUTS

Walked out shaking my head wondering why I bothered

Not a fan of there tools at all overpriced junk

what I don't like is starting work for a company and you have more yr exp and knowledge and the " Tools " to do the work. Being the only one who has tools and all think you are supplying the " Job " tools... which they lose. I have most of my tools from when I was a helper. I look at my tools as Money!

I take and spray paint bright pink on most new hand tools before they get used. Same thing with pry bars, shovels, you name it. Sounds funny but it works, who wants to take a bright pink hammer? Makes it easy to identify you stuff if your working with a group. Do it to expensive battery tools to.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

anybody find my 5/16 long handle klien with magnetic?? Uh? Just bought the dam thing not 2 weeks ago.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    i can't remember losing a tool since i started carrying a tool bag instead of a box.
    quick look at the bag before i leave and i notice if somethings not there.
    Yeah, I have a Gator bag and with all those pockets and a place for everything and everything in its place I leave far fewer tools behind. Very handy bag those Gators.

Quote Originally Posted by uplantin2lips View Post
    what I don't like is starting work for a company and you have more yr exp and knowledge and the " Tools " to do the work. Being the only one who has tools and all think you are supplying the " Job " tools... which they lose. I have most of my tools from when I was a helper. I look at my tools as Money!
    I try to give helpers a chance but loose something or act careless with one of my tools and that's the end or else they get tired of me watching over them like a hawk while using my tools. But knowing your tools and doing an "inventory" before you leave the site helps to minimize tool loss for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast