+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W/I freezer with issues

Post Likes
    as a update and close out,

Went in today with expectations of pump down test and then matching part#s to compressor ect. Reconfigured unit to OEM state. LL&SL at ambient saturated pressure. Reconnected disconnect to control power to unit. Unit started and pulled down for about 1 hr, went to check box temp., see how it was doing.....ok fine. went back to roof and the Phase loss relay was open. found bad pole/line through disconnect. Cut power at breaker, bypassed disconnect again flipped breaker and took call from sales lady, about 5 min. Again on rood comp. was in overload??? checked Line voltage out of contactor, phase loss there....finally got it. Contactor or Disconnect cause the other to fail wiping comp. and HP CU coil fan. installed new parts. let run 1 hr and put in defrost. Comp. Pumped Down to 0 Psig & held. put back in cooling cycle and looked good. Didn't hang for a cycle, needed to go, box was at ambient on my arrival. Guess 1 failure caused the other 3. Sh was about 60F at about 20-25F guess I need to check at opt. temp. HP was steady at 30def+amb.

Thanks all for the direction, it helped me not loose my mind by providing other avenues. Guess you can't always trust what is measured...I Measured VD across contactor while under load, as previous posts states. Inspecting the contactor contacts, the center was completely gone, Would post pict but no one offered to help me when I asked how to do, so I still don't know.

Anyway I appreciate the advice given, It was better than the hammer I had in hand.

2. Likes trippintl0 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you we always appreciate when people post the resolution!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Likes 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Check the three-phase power supply. There would be one leg on the compressor starter or relay, that is weaker than the other two. When you check it, it seems to be normal but after it 's running for a while it becomes hotter and hotter and just gets lost. The commpressor will have only two phase and cannot run; after a while it trips.
    Good luck.
    Lou.

Post Likes
    Wait a minute here! The disconnect was bypassed, the phase monitor load side was not connected, no pressure readings,no temp readings,no amp readings,only short time observation of operation, replacing internal overloads,thinking overloads draw power,no voltage at comp terminals reading,etc.I'm going on a Yukon Jack coffee break!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in