1/2001 $0
    1/2009 $1,000,000,000 and counting
    Wars
    1/2001 0
    1/2009 2
    Approval rating
    Clinton 1/2001 68%
    Bush 1/2009 23%

So was it a slick talking Democrat that won the White House, or a out of touch Republican that lost it?
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...OW5awD95K9TE00

So you still haven't learned that only congress can spend money?

BTW...you left out the part about how 9/11 affected us. You also left out the part about what affect the world economy has on us. And you forgot to mention that the reasons behind some of the failures that led to bailouts began in the previous administration.

I'm not defending Bush, but you need to learn how our government operates and your posts would be more credible.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    So you still haven't learned that only congress can spend money?

BTW...you left out the part about how 9/11 affected us. You also left out the part about what affect the world economy has on us. And you forgot to mention that the reasons behind some of the failures that led to bailouts began in the previous administration.

I'm not defending Bush, but you need to learn how our government operates and your posts would be more credible.
    The dow hit 14,000 5 years after 9/11, so your 9/11 affect will not hold water.

And the republicans held the congress from 95-07.

I thought you republicans blamed the poor blacks who got homes @ 0% down, for the down fall of the American economy.

According to the approval ratings, it looks like most Americans put the blame on bush and not Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    The dow hit 14,000 5 years after 9/11, so your 9/11 affect will not hold water.
    Still operating on the lax credit policies of the previous administration

And the republicans held the congress from 95-07.
    And they share the blame, never said otherwise. My point is, there's so much the president can't do so why do you blame him for everything?

I thought you republicans blamed the poor blacks who got homes @ 0% down, for the down fall of the American economy.
    Who said I's a Republican?

According to the approval ratings, it looks like most Americans put the blame on bush and not Clinton.
    Typical of wartime president who leave office before the war is over. Most Americans are like you, they don;t know how government works so they just blame whoever is living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It's a shame our people are so ignorant of their government.

Typical of wartime president who leave office before the war is over. Most Americans are like you, they don;t know how government works so they just blame whoever is living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It's a shame our people are so ignorant of their government.[/QUOTE]

This is very true.

People who don't understand the government tend to blame the president, because he is the figurehead of our government. He is the face attached to the country and little more.

The president is not a king or a dictator, although it is getting closer and closer to that with each executive order and presidential decision directive that comes out of the oval office.

Those who lump all of the blame or all of the credit on one man fall well short of the truth.

Still operating on the lax credit policies of the previous administration

And they share the blame, never said otherwise. My point is, there's so much the president can't do so why do you blame him for everything?

Who said I's a Republican?

Typical of wartime president who leave office before the war is over. Most Americans are like you, they don;t know how government works so they just blame whoever is living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It's a shame our people are so ignorant of their government.
    1-I was just proving you 9/11/economy theory was not credible.
    2- the congress and the prez. were joined at the hip for 6 years
    3-"Who said I's a Republican?" every one of your posts lean to the right
    4-WW1 and WW2 took less time and the other side had tanks, planes and ships.

So? what are you doing politically? Anything? Or are you just thinking the new POTUS is gonna fix everything on his own and pay for your house and put gas in your car?

No, really, what are you personally doing politically?

No Im not kidding.
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    This is very true.

People who don't understand the government tend to blame the president, because he is the figurehead of our government. He is the face attached to the country and little more.

The president is not a king or a dictator, although it is getting closer and closer to that with each executive order and presidential decision directive that comes out of the oval office.

Those who lump all of the blame or all of the credit on one man fall well short of the truth.[/QUOTE]
    The only 2 prezs that come to mind, that did not finish a war is Truman and Johnson.
    The Koreans had China in their corner and the USSR was backing up the vc.
    So who blames them for "Johnson and Truman" not going to war with China and the USSR?
    So that kinda blows your "ignorant ot their government" line out of the water, if not please tell me a prez who got blamed for not finishing a war, I just might be ignorant or that statement might just be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    So? what are you doing politically? Anything? Or are you just thinking the new POTUS is gonna fix everything on his own and pay for your house and put gas in your car?

No, really, what are you personally doing politically?

No Im not kidding.

Easy ther rich, no one has ever paid for my home, truck or gas so get that stupid thought out of your head."It realy was a stupid thought"

As for what I am doing politically, every chance I get I try to shoot down"trickel down,deficits don't matter,old Europe and so"

As you can tell from my first post that the republican leadership has FAILED America again.

Are you denying that it hurt the economy?
    If you mean that Bush didn't use the veto pen enough, I totally agree. But if they were truly "joined at the hip" he would have gotten everything he wanted...wouldn't he?
    I am a conservative with libertarian leanings. Unfortunately, the Republican party has not been either the last few years. So no Mike, I don't belong to either party. I used to call myself a Republican, but they'll have to start acting like conservatives again before I return. I sincerely hope that will happen.
    Well, not really. WWI didn't solve anything, which led to WWII. They were really one long war, which lasted about 30 years. Regardless, we were fighting governments then, much easier than fighting a faceless enemy in countries that can't even control their own people. And, we haven't dropped any nuclear bombs this time around. We also haven't taken a fraction of the casualties we did in previous wars.

Things to think about Mikey.

Things to think about Mikey.

That right there's funny, I don't care who you are!

Why should he start now?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post

That right there's funny, I don't care who you are!

Why should he start now?
    What was I thinking?

Easy ther rich, no one has ever paid for my home, truck or gas so get that stupid thought out of your head."It realy was a stupid thought"

As for what I am doing politically, every chance I get I try to shoot down"trickel down,deficits don't matter,old Europe and so"

As you can tell from my first post that the republican leadership has FAILED America again.
    Riches question was legitimate..........So.......answer it,........ there..........miketheductman..........I'll put it another way.......ya B!tch and complain but just what do you do to change things.....personally........cept the for vote for change.................I'm sure you followed the UA party line an voted for BO...............

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast