Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

“SIR” Reporting as ordered “SIR”

Old story.

This happened at Marine boot camp 1968
    One day we were standing at attention in front of our racks. There was a loud knock and a request to enter our squad bay… permission granted. The door burst open and a guy wearing just his underwear runs in... He runs to the middle of the squad bay where our drill instructor was and snaps to attention. Sir, reporting to the drill instructor as ordered Sir. Now this was really strange, not as strange as the fact that he was wearing his skivvies backwards... This even puzzled our drill instructor who asked him why he was in our squad bay. Sir the private was instructed to tell the drill instructor where the private is from Sir. Well tell me where are you from private? Sir the private is from Intercourse Pennsylvania Sir... You are from where private? Sir the private is from Intercourse Pennsylvania Sir... Is that why you wear your skivvies backwards private … no Sir. Why then are you wearing them backwards …Sir the private was ordered to Sir Really well your drill instructor has a strange sense of humor… you go back there and tell him he is an A-hole (the poor guys eye bugged out of his head at that order) Sir the private was ordered to report to all the platoons drill instructors. Well you tell them I think they will enjoy you (his eyes bug out again) … Yes Sir …and off he went…

Note;
    I am not positive it was Pennsylvania, it was a long time ago ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Another of those military "Hallmark" moments isn't it?

Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Well.

Intercourse PA, does exist.

Its not far from me.

We also have Paradise, and Bird In Hand.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Well.

Its not far from me.

Then if you travel from one town to the next on the interstate ...........

If they were labeled correctly it would be

Bird In Hand....................

Intercourse.........................

then

Paradise.........................................................
    Then
    I need to see more of Pennsylvania...........................

1991, boot camp, Fort Leanardwood MO. We get shuffled off the cattle trucks being dropped off at our new home for the next 8 weeks (barracks) and were in formation with our new gear the Drills are just screaming and hollering and all. It must of been 3 am, raining. Of course right?

DI says "is there anyone here who doesn't belong here" and some idiot says "yes drill seargent, I think I have made a mistake and I would like to go home"

Did he catch hell for that as you can imagine. That same guy turned out to be our platoon leader, and lost a lot of weight to become skinny. This was when they were letting aft guys still in. He was an amazing transformation and what boot camp is all about.

my older brother just retired career navy. Master Fuggen Chief BTW. Were all Very proud of him. That's E9 to all you non squids. That's the top. He actually was the senior Master on his last cruise just before retirement which is a huge honor.

Anyway. He was home on leave one time way back in the day and he was telling stories about what it was like to be aboard ship and such. And he said that on his very first cruise that there was a guy on the ship with the last name Stains. And he was a Seaman. So over SQ it would be something like "Seaman Stains report to the Quarter Deck". And the whole ship would just kinda chuckle. Even SQ couldn't contain themselves. I always thought that was hilarious.

My brother said that poor SOB was marked for life. The guy actually was a great guy and he soon learned to live it down he had to advance in rank to Petty Officer real quick.

got another one. I reenlisted after 3 years to go back to school for reefer, after doing 3 years as a combat engineer. When you do that, you have some rank, I was an E-5, and so here I am in school with all these new privates just out of basic and ofcourse they pout you in charge of all these kids basically at that point.

It was a great school. Good young bright people. I of course I knew why I was there, to follow in my Dad's footsteps and this was just the start of a long career I knew would carry over into the civilian world. I just had to go do this for a few couple years.

So. A lot of these kids were just there cause they joined the Army and this was the job they got. Being I was in charge of this group and they all worshiped the ground I walked on, I was king $hit to these guys. I had been around the world blowing up bridges as a Combat Engineer and I had rank and privileged since I was not a new recruit.

Sorry for going long. So. I made it known that what they learned and why and what it will turn into for them ect ect ect.

Well low and behold. About a year ago I am in a supply house and one of my young recruits from back then was there and he walked right up to me and we talked for an hour about the old days. He is into his own career and did well after the Army and doing well still.

What a cool thing hey?

And remember. I moved here form another world away. Just blew me away.

1971 Ft Leonard wood MO. I was in Basic Training. We had a fellow recruit, last name Sargent. There was a lot of snickering when he would have cause to respond " Private Sargent, Sir"
    Anything I say here is only my opinion. Even if you understood what I said.... What I said may not even be what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHVAC View Post
    1971 Ft Leonard wood MO. I was in Basic Training. We had a fellow recruit, last name Sargent. There was a lot of snickering when he would have cause to respond " Private Sargent, Sir"
    After a couple brewskies, thats absolutely hilarious.

1992 Ft. Lost in the Woods. I forgot about the cattle trucks.

We had a one soldier in AIT whose last name was Dick. We all hoped he would become an officer and got the rank of Major.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Well.

Its not far from me.

It's the funniest thing... I've never heard of Intercourse, P.A. before tonight but for some reason my brother-in-law was talking about it not 3 hours ago.

We have a few strange ones too such as Dildo, Spread Eagle and Pecker's Point all in Newfoundland The Newf's have gotta sense of humour
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    1992 Ft. Lost in the Woods. I forgot about the cattle trucks.

We had a one soldier in AIT whose last name was Dick. We all hoped he would become an officer and got the rank of Major.
    Damn there's gotta be one.........Major with the last name Dick...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast