+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gauges do you use?

Post Likes

What gauges do you use?

Yet another tools post lol, a recent reply prompted my to ask about this. So what kind ok gauges do you prefer? I know some like the digi cool, two port, four port, what ever. Just tryin to get an idea of what is good on the market. Post pics if availible.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    this is the only one i could find at this time i think its kinda big, i don't remember, we'll see lol

If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    a LOT of buttons lol. would deff take some gettin used too. im guessing they are accurate, and what is that cap for on the right? i guess it tells you all of the service stuff, superheat, subcool, etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    a LOT of buttons lol. would deff take some gettin used too. im guessing they are accurate, and what is that cap for on the right? i guess it tells you all of the service stuff, superheat, subcool, etc.
    I have the same set. 4 port Titan Manifold with 3/8 vacuum port. The cap on the right is where you attach the temperature probe lead. FWIW, after setting units and display contrast, the only buttons I ever use on this thing are the refrigerant selection buttons, the power button and the mode button (switchs between actual line temp, SC, SH readings). Not complicated at all. The integrated temperature reading feature is more convenient than using a separate temperature measuring instrument, and the sensor type used is more accurate than K type thermocouples.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of these things, even if the one I have were to break tomorrow, which I doubt seriously it will do.

Yep, it's a chunk of change, but well worth every penny. So far this is the "only" digital instrument purchase that I've felt completely comfortable with.

Post Likes
    Yellow jacket analog gauges with additional valves for my convenience and to make my job easier.

Post Likes
    Just make sure you have at least 2 sets, one favorite like a digital and one for spare or throwdown set.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    YJ brute 2 with series 41 handles. I also use Yj 60" hoses with ball valves. It's a little bulky but I am happy with them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Just make sure you have at least 2 sets, one favorite like a digital and one for spare or throwdown set.
    So far i have my fav, the JB 2 port with the NRP glycerin gauges. I also have a set of YJ btute 2, i retired them for the JB 2 ports, and i have an old set of two port NRP. Next will be a set of 410a gauges.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cory321 View Post
    YJ brute 2 with series 41 handles. I also use Yj 60" hoses with ball valves. It's a little bulky but I am happy with them
    I have a set of nrp hoses like that, ive always had problems with low loss, dont like em.

Post Likes
    I have 4 41 series in my van(3-22,1-410A) and 2 Titan sets(1-22,1-410A)Never liked any gauges other than YJ.All my hose sets are black HD's with ball valve cutoffs
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes
    2 sets of jb 2 valve manifolds with nrp glycerine gages, 1 r-410, 1 r-22.
    digi cool 1250 on a 2 valve jb manifold, one set of cheapo gages on a 2 valve for the crappy systems.

Post Likes
    umm i own...

Brute 2's they're ehh, on the bottom of the list lol

imperial 4 valve manifold ( r 22)

Imperial 3 valve (410a quik charger)

imperial 2 port ( 22 or 410 havnt decided yet...)

maybe digi's coming soon
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    2 sets of jb 2 valve manifolds with nrp glycerine gages, 1 r-410, 1 r-22.
    digi cool 1250 on a 2 valve jb manifold, one set of cheapo gages on a 2 valve for the crappy systems.
    How do you like your glycerin filled gauges, i just recently got mine over the winter, only have one flaw, the caps, i just put a little silver tape over top and it does the trick.

Post Likes
    have had them about a year, no problems so far.

Post Likes
    i have so many sets of gauges it's not even funny!!

heck i gave a good friend of mine who is in school and trying to get into the field, i hooked him up with a couple sets of Y/J 41 series mani's and liquid filled gauges with low loss hoses

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Upgraded to a Testo 560-1 4 manifold unit last summer - lasted about a month before problems. There's a pressure relief built into front that started leaking. Returned unit under warranty. Testo gave me a 523 "loaner" to use. Haven't heard back from them on update yet. They said vendor who made relief went out of business and they haven't found a replacement vendor yet. Liked it until it failed. Like 523 but want a 4 manifold.

Post Likes
    Purchased YJ Brute in summer love the 3/8 hose for pulling a vaccum. Only buy YJ most suppliers have gaskets instock when you need them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    Purchased YJ Brute in summer love the 3/8 hose for pulling a vaccum. Only buy YJ most suppliers have gaskets instock when you need them.
    The Brute manifold I have weighs in at about 50 lb. I use it for decoration. Might come in handy as a weapon too. If you got knocked down with that thing you wouldn't get back up. I had an old belt drive vacuum pump one time, I think it was lighter than the Brute. Yes, of course I'm talking about the original Brute, not the new one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The Brute manifold I have weighs in at about 50 lb. I use it for decoration. Might come in handy as a weapon too. If you got knocked down with that thing you wouldn't get back up. I had an old belt drive vacuum pump one time, I think it was lighter than the Brute. Yes, of course I'm talking about the original Brute, not the new one.

I have one of the original Brute 4 ways and you are correct they are hefty. They are on their 2nd rebuild still kicken.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    lol a weapon.

my old service manager has a set of those things lmao they not only are heavy but the look real cheap and dorky or maybe it was him that made them look dorky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in