Question Water heater advice

Does any have an opinion on which brand and model of water heater they would suggest.After 20yrs its time to consider putting in a new water heater. Unfortunately gas is just not going to work for me. So I am looking for a energy efficient electric, If they exist, and I am having trouble finding any reviews. I have heard good and bad about the energy smart whirlpools. Not much on the other leading brands. At this point I am leaning towards another A.O. Smith or Kenmore which I believe is the same thing. Are they all about the same or should I go with the longer warrantied models. Also what do you think 40 or 50 gallon? There are only 2 of us now but it is nice to know that you wont run out of water if you need a little more.
    Any input is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

All Electric Tank water heaters come with an energy factor of .98. Have you thought about a tankless electric water heater? They require quite a bit of amperage, but you get the perks of a tankless. -
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

We don't deal with many electric water heaters, but if I had to choose I would pick a Rheem Marathon. They are supposed to be very well insulated and they come with a lifetime warranty. http://www.marathonheaters.com

I had to do all the water heater service for a former employer because the plumbers didn't know how to work with them.
    My favorites are the Rheem and the AO Smith. I've had problems with them but, not terrible problems and not as any as with other heaters.
    What I know about Kenmore, stay very far away from them.
    I contracted to SEARS for a couple of years so, I learned quite a bit.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

I suggest staying away from whirlpoop as well seen many of problems with both gas and electric, On the electric some have circuit boards that go bad and no where but the factory has them and the homeowner has no hot water til the part comes in.

I bought a GE at Home Depot. They are made by Rheem and if you call the GE 800 # Rheem answers. Whirlpool sold at Lowes are made I believe by American Water Heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Coleman
    Hey Twilli, does the Coleman water heater use Sterno fuel to heat the water up or does it run on D size batteries?
    Last edited by ammoniadog; 01-10-2009 at 11:37 PM.