+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best wire strippers EVER

Post Likes

Best wire strippers EVER

Been using these for a while. Got tired of paying 30 to replace klines all of the time. The best thing is they flip to cut or strip and they have alife time warrantee.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104641
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    Never heard of them but since I just lost another pair of Klien strippers I'm in the market. I'll give them a look see tomorrow.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Huh... $13 is hard to beat but I do like my Klein's... now if I can just remember to cut off the power so I don't make so many burn/melt spots on them they'd last forever!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    Huh... $13 is hard to beat but I do like my Klein's... now if I can just remember to cut off the power so I don't make so many burn/melt spots on them they'd last forever!
    I think it will help you last longer too.
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    Been using these for a while. Got tired of paying 30 to replace klines all of the time. The best thing is they flip to cut or strip and they have alife time warrantee.
    I'll stick to my kleins

Post Likes
    Best I ever had were the Vaco 1963, crimper, cutter, striper. They don't make them anymore When ever I see a really old hardware store, or an Estate sale with tools, I take a look. Klien tools, bought them out, and their's doesn't even come close.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    Isn't that how you find the breaker when its not marked?

I do the same thing all the time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Best I ever had were the Vaco 1963, crimper, cutter, striper. They don't make them anymore When ever I see a really old hardware store, or an Estate sale with tools, I take a look. Klien tools, bought them out, and their's doesn't even come close.
    Those are hard to find ... I cant find them to look at them. Can you post a pic?
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    I bought a set of kleins for 10 dollars at lowes, they are the cheapest i can find anywhere. Thats all ill buy is klein, as you can tell
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    i love my klien journeymans,
    i have a pair of angled dykes that i cut into live 460 with,they now have builtin 10 ga wire strippers in them

Post Likes

Cool great catalogue

techni-tool.com for one of the most comprehensive catalogues around. Good company and fast response. Get the master catalogue.

Hearthman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fireye03 View Post
    i love my klien journeymans,
    i have a pair of angled dykes that i cut into live 460 with,they now have builtin 10 ga wire strippers in them
    I really hate to do that but, sometimes you really have no choice.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    techni-tool.com for one of the most comprehensive catalogues around. Good company and fast response. Get the master catalogue.

Hearthman
    Ordered the master. We will see if they can benefit us.
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    Those are hard to find ... I cant find them to look at them. Can you post a pic?
    Here is a picture of the Vaco 1963, along with the Vaco 1900, and 1973D crimpers. http://www.ipstool.com/Catalog/0724.pdf

I ought to copy this page and have it made into a framed poster, for the antique tools I used to use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Here is a picture of the Vaco 1963, along with the Vaco 1900, and 1973D crimpers. http://www.ipstool.com/Catalog/0724.pdf

I ought to copy this page and have it made into a framed poster, for the antique tools I used to use.
    Thats funny I actually have a pair very similar to those but I do not like them. have you tried Kleins they are much smoother and the Radio Shack ones that I listed are even handier and a little cheaper. Unfortunately you still have to carry separate crimpers but the Kleins are impossible to beat for their crimping ability the bite that they put on the wire is the best by far. I do however use the style you show for trimming small bolts from time to time.
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    I have to respectfully disagree.

I actually never knew about these until several years ago when I was given a truck from another branch and found a pair behind the bins. Funny thing is I went help that branch for awhile and lost them there

Anyway I promptly bought a replacement, I do not go anywheres without these
    http://www.idealindustries.com/produ...tripmaster.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree.

I actually never knew about these until several years ago when I was given a truck from another branch and found a pair behind the bins. Funny thing is I went help that branch for awhile and lost them there

Anyway I promptly bought a replacement, I do not go anywheres without these
    http://www.idealindustries.com/produ...tripmaster.jsp
    I have a pair of those as well. I like them on light guages but I find any thing over 18 guage and the blades wear fast. They are great for 22 guage bus wire.
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    I had a pair of the ones from Raido Shack. I thought they looked like a great idea they just didnt seem to work as well as i thought they should. I think I'll stick to my Kliens.

Post Likes
    I also have a Crimp Master, got it for making up Molnex plugs the old Singers and McQuays were famous for having, and burning. I recently bought a CATV cable crimper insert for it. Makes the nastest crimp with a razor blade on both sides of the crimp barrel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor Comfort View Post
    I had a pair of the ones from Raido Shack. I thought they looked like a great idea they just didnt seem to work as well as i thought they should. I think I'll stick to my Kliens.
    We do controls so we use our strippers a lot. I really like mine but my co worker does not so I guess it is just what your comfortable using. I used to really like the elcheapo scissor type with the little triangle notch in the blade until I bit the bullet and got kleins after probably a dozen pairs lost I tried these and so far after about 18 months I wore the spring out of the first pair and they were replaced for free. I think another thing that keeps them around for me is the handles are a little larger so when I hinge them out the corner of my front pocket they dont fall out like the kleins do and that is why I have not lost them YET.
    "It's always controls"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in