Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    The fluke 116 has a higher ohms range than the 902, for temp sensors and such. Also it can read frequency/Hrz, which is used for motors and VFD's in commercial. It aslo as milli volts, micro amps, and temperature. Clamp meters are nice, i have the 902, but a good quality DMM is a good thing to have.
    Ill will be purchasing one in the near future, i need it for the frequency option.
    and that is crap!!!

piece of crap meter, fluke cannot get thier chit straight and even think about keeping up with the industry in what we, as HVAC technicians, really need!

vlots, amps, capacitance, temp, and ohms.

i can do without temp in one meter, but the damn thing better be able to read ohms!!!

all of the fluke amp clamp meters (junk) fall way way short of reading ohms as they should. i am not going to carry two meters to a job just because one of my overpriced and overrated meters cannot do one function properly!

just assume buy something that fits my needs for day to day activities, and the 902 would be nice, but ohming something out is just about a day to day thing, and i don't need to carry two pieces of crap around with me all day long. especially when brand "X" sells a meter that beats the pants off the fluke at a lower cost to me, the person footing the bill for the proper tools to get the job done!

argh-- fluke
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and that is crap!!!

piece of crap meter, fluke cannot get thier chit straight and even think about keeping up with the industry in what we, as HVAC technicians, really need!

i can do without temp in one meter, but the damn thing better be able to read ohms!!!

all of the fluke amp clamp meters (junk) fall way way short of reading ohms as they should. i am not going to carry two meters to a job just because one of my overpriced and overrated meters cannot do one function properly!

just assume buy something that fits my needs for day to day activities, and the 902 would be nice, but ohming something out is just about a day to day thing, and i don't need to carry two pieces of crap around with me all day long. especially when brand "X" sells a meter that beats the pants off the fluke at a lower cost to me, the person footing the bill for the proper tools to get the job done!

argh-- fluke
    Lol, someone is a little cranky, i guess you found out the 902 doesnt exactly have the highest ohm reading out of a lot of meters lol. You should of read the specs first, my buddy ran into the same problem.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Lol, someone is a little cranky, i guess you found out the 902 doesnt exactly have the highest ohm reading out of a lot of meters lol. You should of read the specs first, my buddy ran into the same problem.
    OH! i read the spec's. and that is why, again, fluke will not be getting any of my money. i was really considering buying one. but eff them!! they have absolutely no clue as to what an HVAC technician needs in the field.

must be all these fluke washed people supporting thier crappy practice that allows them to get away with such B.S.

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

OH! i read the spec's. and that is why, again, fluke will not be getting any of my money. i was really considering buying one. but eff them!! they have absolutely no clue as to what an HVAC technician needs in the field.

must be all these fluke washed people supporting thier crappy practice that allows them to get away with such B.S.
    ROTFLMAO, i guess your goin back to extech? Or you could always get a UEI

ROTFLMAO, i guess your goin back to extech? Or you could always get a UEI
    an ideal will be my next battle axe

yea, i loose out on temp, but i can deal with that usually i use my temp meter that i have that does two at once, like your 52-2 meter, but not a fluke

an ideal will be my next battle axe

yea, i loose out on temp, but i can deal with that usually i use my temp meter that i have that does two at once, like your 52-2 meter, but not a fluke
    What ever happened to that Agiliant (sp?) meter you guys were talking about? Did anyone get one?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    What ever happened to that Agiliant (sp?) meter you guys were talking about? Did anyone get one?
    y7 turbo got one and last i heard he really likes it.

i am looking more for a amp clamp meter. small size, compact and can do all the readings. i don't have a whole lot of room in my tool belt to be carrying around a bunch of meters, and thier accessories

I agree 100% the 52-II rules
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    I agree 100% the 52-II rules

yes it does, it told me i was freezin my arse off today on the roof LMAO

y7 turbo got one and last i heard he really likes it.

i am looking more for a amp clamp meter. small size, compact and can do all the readings. i don't have a whole lot of room in my tool belt to be carrying around a bunch of meters, and thier accessories
    LOL, come on, what do you do on a daily basis that the fluke 902 cant do?
    The only thing is the ohms range, but i see guys use a 322(cheap) clamp meter and barely ever need it.

and that is crap!!!

argh-- fluke

The 330 series, stick with the 337, will read up to 30 ohms. The 355 is the big boy clamp meter for ohms and basically anything else for that matter. 400 ohms.

I would think for you guys it would be better to get a nice multimeter with temperature and ohms then add on the clamp attachment instead of trying to use a clamp meter as a multimeter.

I also posted a link to the new Extech meter in another thread that is designed with HVAC guys in mind. It has two type k thermocoupler inputs, a built in non contact voltage detector, built in IR thermometer, and is a 400amp clamp meter that reads ohms as well. Here is a link to the PDF on it.

http://www.extech.com/instruments/re...X622_EX623.pdf

The Ideal 61-494 and 61-495 are really nice multimeters as well. Once again if you need it to be a clamp meter just buy the clamp attachment.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken Colon View Post
    The 330 series, stick with the 337, will read up to 30 ohms. The 355 is the big boy clamp meter for ohms and basically anything else for that matter. 400 ohms.

I would think for you guys it would be better to get a nice multimeter with temperature and ohms then add on the clamp attachment instead of trying to use a clamp meter as a multimeter.

I also posted a link to the new Extech meter in another thread that is designed with HVAC guys in mind. It has two type k thermocoupler inputs, a built in non contact voltage detector, built in IR thermometer, and is a 400amp clamp meter that reads ohms as well. Here is a link to the PDF on it.

http://www.extech.com/instruments/re...X622_EX623.pdf

The Ideal 61-494 and 61-495 are really nice multimeters as well. Once again if you need it to be a clamp meter just buy the clamp attachment.

JJ
    the 902 can read up to 9999ohms, plenty for the day to day use IMO, i havent needed a really high ohm range so far for what i work on, package units and such. It does everything i need it to do. I gave up a UEI that had everything for this fluke 902, and it hasent failed me yet.

http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/sp...(FlukeProducts)

a good meter would read megohms

not stop at 35, or 9999

i was lloking at the extech meter you were talking about aiken, but locals talked me out of it. now i am looking at the ideal meter with the two displays

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast