+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Converted to fluke

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    Just added another fluke product, i got the TL220 industrial test lead set. So nice, love the longer leads.
    i just bought that same test lead set on ebay for $38. i also go an extra set of cables, the ones that come in the set have 90's for all 4 connectors so i got a set that have 2- 90's and 2- straight connectors. i love fluke stuff

this thread is absolutely like a tool whore anonymous club. its completely making me feel better since now i know im not the only one lol
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    i just bought that same test lead set on ebay for $38. i also go an extra set of cables, the ones that come in the set have 90's for all 4 connectors so i got a set that have 2- 90's and 2- straight connectors. i love fluke stuff
    Very nice, i actually like the leaads with all four 90's, imo it easier to hold onto the leads. I love fluke
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    im currently after a 52-2. im kinda up in the air about the 80pk-8 clamp probe since fieldpiece makes the same exact on with a different name on it and its like $30 cheaper...and i already have one of em. the only thing that sucks about the fieldpiece one is it doesnt say fluke on it.
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    im currently after a 52-2. im kinda up in the air about the 80pk-8 clamp probe since fieldpiece makes the same exact on with a different name on it and its like $30 cheaper...and i already have one of em. the only thing that sucks about the fieldpiece one is it doesnt say fluke on it.
    That would be a good buy, i love my 52-2. I already have one of the 80PK-8 clamps, now that i have the 52-2 i need another for temp diff lol. And as for it sayin fluke, get a sharpie lol

Post Likes
    Love my 902 but couldn't justify paying for the 52-2, bought a TPI for 1/3 of the price and it works great.

Post Likes
    That would be a good buy, i love my 52-2. I already have one of the 80PK-8 clamps, now that i have the 52-2 i need another for temp diff lol. And as for it sayin fluke, get a sharpie lol
    hey bro what did you end up paying for the 52-2 if you don't mind me asking

Post Likes
    Totally fluke. Even bought a Fluke Thermal imaging Camera. ($10K) We use it for looking for loose connection in a power panel and also for leaks in duct work and also refrigerant leaks. Works all the time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrL_Brann View Post
    When I get a few minutes I will snap a pic of my Fluke collection and post it for ya.I have a few meters myself.
    a few LMFAO

dude you got flukes that have been dicontinued lol

a few
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I am a Fluke acholic. Get yourself the magnet hanging strap for the Fluke 52-2 works great and frees up your hands. I use my 52 on ever job weather it be a furnace boiler or Ac or what ever two Fluke pipe clamps also and anything else that goes along with it. Next get a Fluke 116. Here is just some of my stuff.
    Why a 116 also? What are you using it for. Curious...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    The fluke 116 has a higher ohms range than the 902, for temp sensors and such. Also it can read frequency/Hrz, which is used for motors and VFD's in commercial. It aslo as milli volts, micro amps, and temperature. Clamp meters are nice, i have the 902, but a good quality DMM is a good thing to have.
    Ill will be purchasing one in the near future, i need it for the frequency option.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    hey bro what did you end up paying for the 52-2 if you don't mind me asking

No prob, all said and done it was i believe $250, and $30 for a case, cheap a@# cant even give you a case , well worth it though. I got it from united refrigeration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    Well the 322 clamp and the 16 are retired to my small tool bag for quick fix and to take to family or friends to do small stuff. The 902 and the 116 are my main meters I use everyday along with the 52-2.

Post Likes
    The fluke 116 has a higher ohms range than the 902, for temp sensors and such. Also it can read frequency/Hrz, which is used for motors and VFD's in commercial. It aslo as milli volts, micro amps, and temperature. Clamp meters are nice, i have the 902, but a good quality DMM is a good thing to have.
    Ill will be purchasing one in the near future, i need it for the frequency option.
    and that is crap!!!

piece of crap meter, fluke cannot get thier chit straight and even think about keeping up with the industry in what we, as HVAC technicians, really need!

vlots, amps, capacitance, temp, and ohms.

i can do without temp in one meter, but the damn thing better be able to read ohms!!!

all of the fluke amp clamp meters (junk) fall way way short of reading ohms as they should. i am not going to carry two meters to a job just because one of my overpriced and overrated meters cannot do one function properly!

just assume buy something that fits my needs for day to day activities, and the 902 would be nice, but ohming something out is just about a day to day thing, and i don't need to carry two pieces of crap around with me all day long. especially when brand "X" sells a meter that beats the pants off the fluke at a lower cost to me, the person footing the bill for the proper tools to get the job done!

argh-- fluke

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and that is crap!!!

piece of crap meter, fluke cannot get thier chit straight and even think about keeping up with the industry in what we, as HVAC technicians, really need!

vlots, amps, capacitance, temp, and ohms.

i can do without temp in one meter, but the damn thing better be able to read ohms!!!

all of the fluke amp clamp meters (junk) fall way way short of reading ohms as they should. i am not going to carry two meters to a job just because one of my overpriced and overrated meters cannot do one function properly!

just assume buy something that fits my needs for day to day activities, and the 902 would be nice, but ohming something out is just about a day to day thing, and i don't need to carry two pieces of crap around with me all day long. especially when brand "X" sells a meter that beats the pants off the fluke at a lower cost to me, the person footing the bill for the proper tools to get the job done!

argh-- fluke
    Lol, someone is a little cranky, i guess you found out the 902 doesnt exactly have the highest ohm reading out of a lot of meters lol. You should of read the specs first, my buddy ran into the same problem.

Post Likes
    Lol, someone is a little cranky, i guess you found out the 902 doesnt exactly have the highest ohm reading out of a lot of meters lol. You should of read the specs first, my buddy ran into the same problem.
    OH! i read the spec's. and that is why, again, fluke will not be getting any of my money. i was really considering buying one. but eff them!! they have absolutely no clue as to what an HVAC technician needs in the field.

must be all these fluke washed people supporting thier crappy practice that allows them to get away with such B.S.

Post Likes
    OH! i read the spec's. and that is why, again, fluke will not be getting any of my money. i was really considering buying one. but eff them!! they have absolutely no clue as to what an HVAC technician needs in the field.

must be all these fluke washed people supporting thier crappy practice that allows them to get away with such B.S.
    ROTFLMAO, i guess your goin back to extech? Or you could always get a UEI

Post Likes
    ROTFLMAO, i guess your goin back to extech? Or you could always get a UEI
    an ideal will be my next battle axe

yea, i loose out on temp, but i can deal with that usually i use my temp meter that i have that does two at once, like your 52-2 meter, but not a fluke

Post Likes
    an ideal will be my next battle axe

yea, i loose out on temp, but i can deal with that usually i use my temp meter that i have that does two at once, like your 52-2 meter, but not a fluke
    What ever happened to that Agiliant (sp?) meter you guys were talking about? Did anyone get one?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    What ever happened to that Agiliant (sp?) meter you guys were talking about? Did anyone get one?
    y7 turbo got one and last i heard he really likes it.

i am looking more for a amp clamp meter. small size, compact and can do all the readings. i don't have a whole lot of room in my tool belt to be carrying around a bunch of meters, and thier accessories

Post Likes
    I agree 100% the 52-II rules
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in