+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing indoor unit outdoors

Post Likes

Installing indoor unit outdoors

Someone told said customer that there isn't enough air above walk ins despite egg crates all over and plenty of condenser cooling blah blah not enough make up air blah blah- so they are dead set on moving to outdoors and the beloved salesman is all to happy to sell an outdoor new units. What would the repercussions be of using the same units and building an enclosure and installing a head master- units pump down and receiver "seems" - and I'm ducking behind the couch by saying seems- sized accordingly and using the same units outside? I'm sure it's been done
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    No problem, it's done all the time. Not necessarily correctly though. What's the winter ambient there ?

3. Likes UmmScott, Asm Mechanical liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I see it all the time..it just needs an enclosure and some type of head pressure control and a crankcase heater on the compressor. Fan cycling is usually used but you have to be careful using that on a single fan condenser because the fan will usually provide additional cooling for the compressor..good luck.

5. Likes Asm Mechanical liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    No problem, it's done all the time. Not necessarily correctly though. What's the winter ambient there ?
    Ah ha- very good question- northern mn. Easily see stretches for weeks below zero- ok in addition to head master we install a CCH to heat the receiver. Head master for sure as indicated originally I've been informed on this site that fan cycling is forbidden on Refrig especially with txvs

Post Likes
    You'll be fine just make sure the receiver can hold the pump down. Gonna need more liquid to flood that evaporator.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    Ah ha- very good question- northern mn. Easily see stretches for weeks below zero- ok in addition to head master we install a CCH to heat the receiver. Head master for sure as indicated originally I've been informed on this site that fan cycling is forbidden on Refrig especially with txvs
    Fan cycle works fine.
    Omaha has pretty cold winters and we have fan cycle only systems that work with no problem.

Its an argument yes...headmaster is definitely preferred. But sometimes...thats the best option,especially with indoor units thatalready have small receivers to begin with.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What are the press of the indoor unit now?That will tell if the unit needs to be relocated.Medium temp?Suction cooled comp? No problem w/ the fan cycling control.

I put fan cycle controls for our SUMMER cold temps.Here on LI,NY we go down to 50-55*F during our summer, and I set them for 70*F +-. So I'm set for our fall,winter,spring also.

Post Likes
    Fan cycle switch and if you want to get fancy, a headmaster valve. Fan cycling usually suffices.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in