Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Is there any advantage in giving TT any money?
    Dunno. First month free & $0.99/month. Forget what they give me

We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    So trickle down economics then. (:-
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    No ads and you make them richer

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    So trickle down economics then. (:-
    '

until you pirate a version
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

4. Likes lytning liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    To deal with that we may end up having to dump VBullentin and go with another software platform. Are you guys willing to learn another system?

... and yes, I am painfully aware.
    I don't care as long as we don't lose old threads. Everyone will learn it and be fine after a break in period

Whatever happened to the training stuff?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    They must be aware that mobile users have overtaken computer users by a lot in just the last few years. There are more mobile only users now and keeps climbing. Desktop or laptop use is still on a decline.
    We have a mobile skin here on HVAC-Talk as well as access through Tapatalk. We absolutely support mobile here, though due to Tapatalk being a third-party we can't necessarily resolve technical issues with that platform.

yes, this site only supports non-ad-blocked PC access. Lame...
    It's impossible to provide technical support to people who are browsing the site while using third-party plugins to control which content they actually see. I apologize if you feel that's not fair on a free website?

Attachment 708441

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1878531-Malware

This was in response to the problem of the viruses/worms being served up through the ads. Robb said he cannot help unless the ads are in place (ergo, no ad blocker). I wasnt going to allow all of the problems that other users had just for your SPAM. The only problem I had, which all the other users also had, was a lack of formatting.
    Again, how are we to diagnose something that many people are experiencing through someone who selectively blocking content? At the end of the day, the issues that we were facing in January actually had nothing whatsoever to do with the ads, the issue was on a server level and connected to a different website hosted on the same box.

I'm here to help, and will try to help anyone, on any device or platform, but in order to do so, we must remove the variables first is all I was trying to say.

cheers,
    robb

Post Likes
    For what it is worth guys, I can access this site on my Android using Chrome as the search engine. Voice recognition works and everything. Just won't capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

Anyway, not sure why anyone uses tapa-talk with all the complaints I've heard since I've been on this site.

8. Likes hedrash liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb M. View Post
    We have a mobile skin here on HVAC-Talk as well as access through Tapatalk. We absolutely support mobile here, though due to Tapatalk being a third-party we can't necessarily resolve technical issues with that platform.

It's impossible to provide technical support to people who are browsing the site while using third-party plugins to control which content they actually see. I apologize if you feel that's not fair on a free website?

Again, how are we to diagnose something that many people are experiencing through someone who selectively blocking content? At the end of the day, the issues that we were facing in January actually had nothing whatsoever to do with the ads, the issue was on a server level and connected to a different website hosted on the same box.

I'm here to help, and will try to help anyone, on any device or platform, but in order to do so, we must remove the variables first is all I was trying to say.

cheers,
    robb
    The mobile version of the site you call a skin is pretty much just that. Other than viewing posts not much else works between quirkyness or functions not supported per pop up error messages that say whatever it is isn't supported on the mobile version. (Things that can be done on other websites from Android Smartphones) Even if you switch to the desktop view it says no no you can't do that from your phone sorry outta luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The mobile version of the site you call a skin is pretty much just that. Other than viewing posts not much else works between quirkyness or functions not supported per pop up error messages that say whatever it is isn't supported on the mobile version. (Things that can be done on other websites from Android Smartphones) Even if you switch to the desktop view it says no no you can't do that from your phone sorry outta luck.
    I have not experienced anything like what you describe here. Can you possibly post some screenshots, or any more specifics about your issues please?

Post Likes
    I will

12. Likes Robb M. liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    To deal with that we may end up having to dump VBullentin and go with another software platform. Are you guys willing to learn another system?

... and yes, I am painfully aware.
    I am on several forums (only THE BEST for HVAC/R... )

Vbulliten is, IMO, an average at best format...

Personally, if TPTB want to upgrade, I am fine with it.

If you do choose to go to a new format...
    PLEASE offer tutorial pages in stickies at the top...
    So us technically compromised folks can figure it out!

THX

GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    For what it is worth guys, I can access this site on my Android using Chrome as the search engine. Voice recognition works and everything. Just won't capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

Anyway, not sure why anyone uses tapa-talk with all the complaints I've heard since I've been on this site.
    I just updated Tapatalk as well as my phone & all is smooth. The only thing is you do need to go to the full site to actually update your profile & sometimes does funny thing with soellcheck. Other than that, it does an ok job.

Post Likes
    I don't understand any of this at all, my iPhone works flawlessly here using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

16. Likes hedrash liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I don't understand any of this at all, my iPhone works flawlessly here using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2nd that

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast