Thread: What is the point?

Post Likes

What is the point?

So you shut down my long post with very specific questions asking if it was ok to use a slightly bigger coil on a reversing valve solenoid (because I can't even find the right part anymore!) and if I blew out a transformer?

But then I read 5 other posts with people asking similar questions about Nest Thermostats and Noises coming from their HVAC and getting lots of ADVICE. How the heck is my question any different?

Why am I not allowed to "Ask Your Pros"?

I didn't ask how to fix the problem, I asked if what I did could have caused my issue. Pretty sure I stayed within the rules but apparently you decided to close my thread down after 30 minutes with a really crappy response of "Call Someone and tell them what you did." Super helpful, thanks!

Post Likes
    I'm moving on to a better forum with more helpful moderators but I am just really confused how I broke the rules. Again, didn't ask you to tell me how to do anything, just asked if what I did could have caused my problem.

Post Likes
    Waaaaaaaaaaa.

Good grief it's diy whiny ***** day on good ol htalk.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

4. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Seems like the typical professional response I would have expected.

Post Likes
    Very. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Post Likes
    I won't. Don't let your low rent life being a "professional" d-bag get you down. One day I'll be paying your welfare.

Sayonara! (that means goodbye, just fyi)

Post Likes
    Lolz. Something tells me I'll always make more money than you.

PS... Way more.

Post Likes
    O lawdy! re-read your first thread, it was the complete definition of diy, Webster could not have defined it any better.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    We don't do DIY instruction or assistance of any kind. The rules are very clear.
    Seems like your responsibility to pay for the repairs now, since you probably caused the second failure.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I am very lenient when it comes to DIY, because U will nearly always need a PRO to help fix problems U might have created; never do anything 'at all' dangerous!

I like to interact with those needing help to solve their HVAC problems...so they can get the professional help they need to safely fix their problems; there are usually many problems that need addressing that they are not aware of...!

I didn't see your initial post... Don't give up on us...we help most, in many ways, that post...

Edit: We can help U analyze your system to reveal problems you're unaware-of that need fixing; however; U should always leave the fixing to the local professional HVAC service company!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in