Confused Milwaukee 18 Volt Impact Driver Kit question

A deal came up on one of these Milwaukee 18V impact driver.
    Does any one have one or recommendations for it? I was in the market for a li-ion imact driver and though this would do the trick quite nicely. mostly used for removing screws and drilling test holes for furnaces and furnace repairs.
    Your thoughts? It is brand new and sealed. Apparently unwanted Christmas present and will be available till noon today for $150 CAD (approximately $120 USD).

for that price, i would buy it in a heartbeat!!!

milwaukee makes an excellent tool. thier Li-ion is one of the first and most advanced on the market, and they have great warranty.

also you cannot go wrong with any impactor
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Last time I saw a HD they had the 5 piece set and rebate for two more batteries for 399

the battery costs over 100 separately
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Drilling holes with an impact can get expensive. The impact action tends to snap bits in my experience.

Otherwise, I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Drilling holes with an impact can get expensive. The impact action tends to snap bits in my experience.

Otherwise, I'd buy it.
    depends on what bits you are using.

need to look for the ones that are rated for the impacts torque

also the task and job at hand...

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Beach,

I love my impact rated phillips bits, but have yet to find impact rated drill bits.

Plus, my opinion is that the quality of the hex-shank drill bits is lower.

shouldn't be using a drill bit in an impactor

the hex end drill driver would be much more kind to the drill bits

i too have snapped a few hex end drill bits using my impactor sucks when you get one stuck in something and have to try to figure out how to get it out not that i have ever done that before lol

The OP mentioned drilling test holes, that is why I commented on that.

I've never snapped a #**%ing bit off in a #**%ing hole either.

I love my Milwaukee 18v impactor. Use it mostly on installs... though if I have a bunch of RTU's to go through on an inspection I will often take it up with me. Been using it for almost 2 years and love it! 100 ft lb of torque! handy for working on the car/truck too when space allows.

Impact drivers are designed for masonry applications using masonry bits designed for that use. No real advantage with twist bits in other materials and not using per manufacturer's specs only shortens the bit's useful life. With screws it will fatigue the metal and the screw is more likely to break off in the future - as when trying to remove it later with a repair or replacement.

I am no longer a fan of Milwaukee battery powered drills after all the problems with the 18v nicad batteries. We had a bunch with the defective nicads from Milwaukee and had to get them rebuilt at voltman. Now we use Makita and Hitachi lithium ion drills and they have been working great and are a lot lighter and much faster to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by air4man View Post
    Impact drivers are designed for masonry applications using masonry bits designed for that use. No real advantage with twist bits in other materials and not using per manufacturer's specs only shortens the bit's useful life. With screws it will fatigue the metal and the screw is more likely to break off in the future - as when trying to remove it later with a repair or replacement.

I am no longer a fan of Milwaukee battery powered drills after all the problems with the 18v nicad batteries. We had a bunch with the defective nicads from Milwaukee and had to get them rebuilt at voltman. Now we use Makita and Hitachi lithium ion drills and they have been working great and are a lot lighter and much faster to recharge.
    I think you have impact drivers mixed up with hammer drills. Impact drivers are
    designed for driving/removing screws/bolts.