Thread: Infinity furnace with Non-Carrier Zoning.

Post Likes

Infinity furnace with Non-Carrier Zoning.

I'm wondering what experience people have had connecting an Infinity furnace to a non-Carrier zoning system?

I have a MVP 58 Carrier furnace and wondering if I can sucessfully use a Honeywell HZ322 zone controller (I have a small apt and am looking for a cheaper solution than the Carrier zone controller).

In terms of blower control, the HZ322 unit provides a signal to lower the blower speed when only a single damper is open. The HZ322 instructions indicate that the "lower blower speed" signal should be connected to the DHUM terminal on a variable-speed furnace.

Anyone know if the DHUM terminal can be used to do what I want (i.e. to lower the blower speed) and/or if I have to configure the furnace in some way to get it to work?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    You will probably need to install a bypass damper if you don't go with the infinity zoning. It may be more costly in the long run to go with the honeywell.....Its better not to mix and match equipment if possible.

Post Likes
    That (the Dhum terminal) will only work in the cooling mode.
    Irs just for additional moisture removal in cooling.

Post Likes
    How old is the MVP?
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Post Likes
    Its about 4 years old.

Post Likes
    I really don't see the problem, it should work fine with a few set up procedures. Set up depends on the furnace series, tell me the series of the MVP or the serial number and I can tell you what needs to be set up.

Post Likes
    Model Number: ZI58MVP080-F-17114

Serial Number: S2303A-12389

Post Likes
    Okay were are close, your unit has the 2.5 ECM logic...it's a good thing. Last question, does your zoning allow for two stage heat control or is it single stage heating only?

Furnace can operate either way, but if your zoning can be two stage heat we can configure it to run low (heat and blower) with one zone. Or worst case scenario you will have to work with a by-pass damper.

Post Likes
    The HZ322 is a 2 stage heat 2 stage cool zone panel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The HZ322 is a 2 stage heat 2 stage cool zone panel.

Maybe you and I should go set this thing up BT? LOL

Okay, go to the furnace PCB dip switches SW-1-2, turn on dip switch #2. Wire to the furnace W1 and W2. Turning on #2 locks the unit in low and will not go into high until it gets a W2 signal.

If the zone is small, it will satisfy in low and not need high. High will be activated (high heat and blower) with a W2 call.

Post Likes
    LOL... They made that panel simple to set up, for people like me.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your help.

That's an approach I hadn't thought of. ... I'll likely want to do some adjusting so that "high heat" is more like my current "low heat" but I think it will do what I need.

Good job of thinking "outside the box".... (at least outside my box).

Post Likes
    You must use a bypass damper if not using an infinity zone system. The honeywell system does not modulate dampers they are either full open or closed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Carlson View Post
    You must use a bypass damper if not using an infinity zone system. The honeywell system does not modulate dampers they are either full open or closed.
    Which is all the more reason why he should think about buying some modulating dampers, and just use the Honey well bd. But I recall seeing a site somewhere that sold the honeywell with mod dampers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in