Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by subcooled View Post
    HEYBOB -

I thought this site was a place to go for answer - not greef.
    Boy are you confused!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Smile

THANK YOU

The 117 you measured, was that entering the indoor coil or exiting the outdoor unit?

I am also confused, does the unit not meet set point at 69 degree's? My heat pump keeps all zones at 70 degree's down to 19 degree's.

Heat pump temperates can range on average from 95 to 105, this can be a big cultural shock to somebody that is used to oil heat.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

I think the whole point is that the HO is to cold at 67 or 68°, not that the unit is not performing as expected. His tolerance for cold is diminished due to his condition. Turn off the HP and switch to the oil heat, what else makes sense.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by subcooled View Post
    HEYBOB - I did try to apply for prof. membership - I was told "subcooled, why are you claiming 15 posts when you only have 4? Do not apply unless you qualify. Membership Committee".
    I did not understand the rules for this site - I thought this site was a place to go for answer - not greef.
    What is the proper steps to take?
    Thanks again, subcooled
    Need 15 post minimun to apply for pro tech, and 30 to apply for pro business.
    This info is in the link that heybob posted.

Then follow the rest of the instructions, for proving that you are in the trade.

Such as e mailing a copy of your EPA card, and or HVAC license.

The post count minimuns are in big letters on the application so you can see them easier.

Although this is a place for learning.
    Its not a technical resourse for DIYers, so no technical repair/installation info is allowed in the open forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Talking

BEENTHERE - 117 deg F temp is going into the evap. Temperature was measured on line out at condenser - coming from compresser. I had around 77 deg F coming back from the evap. (I think that was the question hvac r us 2's question).
    Should stop snowing by morning - I'm going over to recover the charge - pull strainer out of liquid line to see how much - if any - junk is in the screen. Like I said early - I ran onto something and I was there at the right time. Seen frost on the liquid line coming back from the evap - and after strainer at the access port out to the accum. it was all frost. Thru a gauge on unit - pressure was low and scroll tripped out on LP. Told the HO to let unit set until I could get there on the weekend, he does have oil forced hot air.
    I will pay mor attention to the rules - I do want to get the promembership.
    Thanks for the heads up and advice!

Confused

Went over to customes home this morning before the wind kicked in - Pulled charge out of unit - placed a new filter dryer - strainer - new .055 piston and retainer. It was up in the 30's and things were melting. Let pump on unit for 4 hours - went back and isolated gauges - waited - no rise in microns. Ran in 6 and 1/2 pounds - R22. Started system after 20 min took pressure readings - 34 psi tru suction - 184 psi coming off compressor (3/4" service port) and this lines temperature was 136 deg F. I was supplying 94 deg air and the customer seemed happy (this is a oil forced hot air and heat pump system). Customer called around 4:00 pm telling me he is trying to get 68 deg on his stat and unit keeps running. I tried to explain to him how we are at his balance point - where the house is giving up heat faster than the unit can supply and we need to set the balance point here. He tells me " I see this honeywell TH8320 will go down to 15 deg" and that is where he would like to set it. I tried to explain to him that is good if you have electric strip heaters and he was very upset. All the pressure and temperature readings I took when I was over this afternoon are almost on with the chart inside the cabinet.
    Has anybody ever ran onto a situation like this. I have installed many duel-fuel systems and this is the first time anyone has ever come off like this?

Get the spec guide for that match.
    Show him that it puts out less heat as it gets colder out.
    Maybe he'll believe it if he reads it in the guide.

If not.

Your going to be getting a lot of calls.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I run in to people unhappy with heat pump performance all of the time

I live in an area where a lot of people from northern states relocate to, and they are all used to oil or gas heat

my diagnosis in this case....

Yankee with a heat pump

sounds like he cant grasp the concept, Id set up the balance point the way you think it should be done, if you do it his way tell him its on his dime if he is unhappy and calls you back to change anything, then at least you will get paid for the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    I run in to people unhappy with heat pump performance all of the time

I live in an area where a lot of people from northern states relocate to, and they are all used to oil or gas heat

my diagnosis in this case....

Yankee with a heat pump

sounds like he cant grasp the concept, Id set up the balance point the way you think it should be done, if you do it his way tell him its on his dime if he is unhappy and calls you back to change anything, then at least you will get paid for the headaches.
    hehehe Yankee with a heat pump.......................that's good...

OH YES!!!!!!! Explained to the guy about pressures and temperatures - you would have thought I had snakes coming out my head. Told him as the temperature gets cold out - the discharge air will get cooler - he just can't get it. Told him I need to bump up the balance point to 35 you would have thought I took all his marbles from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12