+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heatilator Mark 123 Chimney

Post Likes

Heatilator Mark 123 Chimney

We have an older Heatilator wood burning fireplace that we want to convert to gas logs. The local Heatilator dealer told us this was OK and we could use the same chimney. Unfortunatley during last year's reroofing we tore out most of the chimney. I now need some straight sections of Mark 123 chimney, an elboe and a cap. Anybody know where I can find some? The OD is 14" and the ID is 8".

Post Likes
    You should discuss your project with a local gas fitter or gas fireplace installer to see if you actually can do that. Gas logs are very inefficient. A better option would be a direct vent unit. Then no chimney repairs, or minimal at worst.

Post Likes
    Also you could do a direct vent gas insert. The ones we install allow us to cap off the liners where the old chimney ends inside the house and then convert to a solid direct vet pipe to penetrate the roof.

Post Likes
    Thanks Moose. We checked on that route and it is an option but more expensive. If we have to put in a new chimney then we will install a newer fireplace and use the gas logs.

Post Likes

Exclamation

The Mark 123 stopped production in 1987 and components are no longer available. This unit was never tested for use with vented gas logs so they should not be installed. Also, this unit was made by Vega Industries, which no longer exists so there is no warranty on it.

your best bet is to wait until you can afford to tear out this clunker and replace it with a modern listed gas direct vent with a new warranty.

HTH,
    Hearthman

Post Likes
    you should check out lennox's line of hearth products, some real impressive products. you can't get them through your local lennox hvac contractor though. their policy is to sell either hearth products or the hvac line to their dealers, not both. this affords the appliance repairmen, handymen n such that have ventured into the "insert trade" a measure of protection from competition with mainstream proffesionals.
    i was born under a wandrin star.

Post Likes

Heatilator

I have 3 insulated chimney pipe sections left from a Heatilator Mark 123 Model 700. The outer diameter is 14”, the inner diameter is 9” .The sections are 36” in length. I recently sold (2) 2' sections for Removed Pricing each. Contact me if you are interested.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 08-18-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Removed Pricing

Post Likes

Question questions

FOB freight from where?
    So, what is the price? You stated what it was for smaller sections but not these.
    What is your warranty?
    Are these brand new in the box or used?

Thx

Post Likes
    This is the ad with pictures. I recently sent the 2' pipes to a gentleman in Chicago. I don't know what the shipping cost was by UPS as it was on his account with UPS.

Removed Link to DIY buy site
    Last edited by HeyBob; 08-18-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Post Likes

Exclamation dumpster bait

Just be advised you are placing yourself and anyone using this chimney at risk. It should be thrown in the dumpster and not reused. You will be liable under the Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose and Implied Warranty of Merchantability.

Please throw it out and be done with it. It's not worth the risk. To anyone owning one of these old fireplaces, if you need replacement chimney or parts, just replace the entire fireplace or wait until you can. There is no warranty and it has outlived its useful service life.

Hearthman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post

"You will be liable under the Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose and Implied Warranty of Merchantability."

Hearthman
    There is no possibility of a successful action based on your reasoning in the United States or in Canada etc..... Any goods sold "as is" negates any implied warranty. Ever purchased a used car "as is"? Ever tried to bring a civil action against the previous owner?

I am sure you are a valuable resource for those who participate on this thread. However, giving legal advice is certainly not your area of expertise and I would suggest you provide the proper disclaimer to your written advice. Liability has it's limits - but you are not immune.

No threat is intended and I offer you this without prejudice.

Post Likes

Thumbs down hypocrite

Now who's being the lawyer?

Sleep tight knowing what you have typed here is discoverable in the event of litigation.

Have a good day.
    Hearthman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alphakodiak View Post
    I have 3 insulated chimney pipe sections left from a Heatilator Mark 123 Model 700. The outer diameter is 14”, the inner diameter is 9” .The sections are 36” in length. I recently sold (2) 2' sections for Removed Pricing each. Contact me if you are interested.
    I am interested in the pipe sections, please contact me with a picture and price.
    Thanks
    Last edited by HeyBob; 08-18-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Post Likes

Vent Pipes for Mark 123

Are these sections still available. If so I would like to purchase them. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. My cell phone number is Removed Cell Phone Number!
    Thanks
    Rich
    Last edited by HeyBob; 08-18-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: deleted phone number & removed price in quote

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RFrankel View Post
    Are these sections still available. If so I would like to purchase them. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. My cell phone number is Removed Cell Phone Number!
    Thanks
    Rich
    Put contact info in your profile!

Post Likes
    Guys, remember, no pricing, no DIY links, read the site rules!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RFrankel View Post
    Thanks
    Rich
    Just wanting to make sure this question got posted to the right person with 3 sections of flue pipe for a Heatilator Mark 123 for sale..

Post Likes

Interested in purchasing insulated chimney pipe sections

I am interested in purchasing these chimney pipe sections if they are still for sale.
    Thanks
    Rich

Post Likes

mark 123 chimney sections

Do you still have those 3 sections of chimney for sale?

Post Likes

do you still have these?

I am interested in one of them if you still have it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in