Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post Likes

    QuadraFire Mt. Vernon 2005, Not AE

    I really need a manual so I can locate the proper parts for my stove. I love my stove but it is a little older and needs a little TLC before I hammer it hard again this winter. Looking for firepot gasket, the bolts that hold the firepot in place as well as the closing mechanism that holds the top plate in place. Many years of heat have beaten them up pretty good. I appreciate any help, Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    fnolteiii

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,870
    Post Likes
    have you tried the nearest Quad dealer and Google? I went right on Quad's site and downloaded the 2006 version manual: http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/ins...s/7005_151.pdf

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post Likes

    Burn Pot gasket removal & replacement

    Thanks for pdf file. I did search the first 12 pages of google and the site but only found AE. Anyway, as mentioned in opening post, I need to replace the firepot gasket. I've scoured the manual and can't locate the bolt sizes for holding the firepot down to the base of the stove. I also can only find that the closing mechanism for the top plate is a "shoulder bolt", but nothing again regarding sizes. In order to remove existing shoulder bolt, I'm going to have to tear it up getting it off. 8 years of using the pellet stove has taken its toll on hardware. I believe it is possible to repair, just need a lil help. Does anyone know the size of the shoulder bolt for the upper baffle lid? Does anyone know the size, type of bolts that hold down the burn pot? Thanks again for all suggestions, this is my first attempt of replacing the burn pot.

    Regards,
    fnolteiii



    Quote Originally Posted by fnolteiii View Post
    I really need a manual so I can locate the proper parts for my stove. I love my stove but it is a little older and needs a little TLC before I hammer it hard again this winter. Looking for firepot gasket, the bolts that hold the firepot in place as well as the closing mechanism that holds the top plate in place. Many years of heat have beaten them up pretty good. I appreciate any help, Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    fnolteiii

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    4,085
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fnolteiii View Post
    Thanks for pdf file. I did search the first 12 pages of google and the site but only found AE. Anyway, as mentioned in opening post, I need to replace the firepot gasket. I've scoured the manual and can't locate the bolt sizes for holding the firepot down to the base of the stove. I also can only find that the closing mechanism for the top plate is a "shoulder bolt", but nothing again regarding sizes. In order to remove existing shoulder bolt, I'm going to have to tear it up getting it off. 8 years of using the pellet stove has taken its toll on hardware. I believe it is possible to repair, just need a lil help. Does anyone know the size of the shoulder bolt for the upper baffle lid? Does anyone know the size, type of bolts that hold down the burn pot? Thanks again for all suggestions, this is my first attempt of replacing the burn pot.

    Regards,
    fnolteiii
    Lots of good info here.

    http://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/th...uel-stoves.14/

    I hope it is ok to supply that link. If not my sincere apologies.
    Trump keeps a book of Hitler's speeches on his bedstand.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...-marie-brenner

    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Most misunderstood quote of all time!
    It was about the ability to collect taxes.

    In 1965, A Conservative Tried To Keep America White. His Plan Backfired
    http://www.npr.org/2015/10/03/445339...mmigration-act

  5. Likes fnolteiii liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Altmar, New York, United States
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Likes
    are you afraid breaking the bolts? why such concern about them? have you tried to loosen them yet? you may be surprised.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post Likes

    Bolts frozen

    I have tried but they are worn and no longer able to use a wrench on them as they've been exposed to high heat for many years. It sounds by your reply that breaking bolts isn't uncommon or a bad thing. I've had issues in the past with exerting too much pressure and shearing bolts, I guess this too isn't uncommon when working with stove bolts. I'll just get them off with any means necessary. Thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    are you afraid breaking the bolts? why such concern about them? have you tried to loosen them yet? you may be surprised.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,870
    Post Likes
    If you contact your local Quad dealer they can get you the parts you need. I've had to drill out bolts especially on the original Mt. Vernon's such as the screws retaining the firebox liner plates, the firepot bolts, etc.

  9. Likes fnolteiii liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365