+ Reply to Thread

Thread: walk in box help

Post Likes

walk in box help

I dont do any refrigeration but i was asked a question, i dont have many details but any help would be appreciated. Walk in box with outdoor c/u,R-12,pressure switch operating control cuts in @34#, cuts out@19#, maintains about 42*, cch is good. Problem is when it gets cold outside ( below 20*)box satisfies , pressure never gets above 19# to cut comp. back in. Box temp continues to climb and comp does not come back on until outdoor ambiant goes above 20*, any help would be appreciated and sorry in advance for sketchy details.

Post Likes
    Install a t-stat and LLSV.

Use pressure control for pumpdown only. Set is quite a bit lower. Only to prevent operation in a vacuum.

She will run.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Install a t-stat and LLSV.

Use pressure control for pumpdown only. Set is quite a bit lower. Only to prevent operation in a vacuum.

She will run.
    Ditto that.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Thanks for the quick response, i was thinking along the same exact lines but needed a confirmation. Have a great new year.

Post Likes
    FYI Starting point for R-12 Cut in / Cut out 36 & 16.

Remember the rules: Refrigerant migrates to the coldest point, Warm Moist Air Migrates to a cool dye enviroment.

With that said:

Refrigerant migrates to the coldest point. CCH is keeping it from condensing to a liquid in the crank case but the receiver / discharge line / condenser are still at ambient. ( Including the cylinders )The LP control senses this. As others have said, T-Stat with LLS valve is the only cure & Reset LP control as a safety only.

Post Likes
    How is the head psi controlled?
    Last edited by itsamine; 01-03-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Read entire post.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes
    I havent seen the set up yet, so i dont know how the head pressure is controlled , all the info that i have was related to me by the tech. who set it all up. Ill relay what new info i have and hope it works.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by finest View Post
    Problem is when it gets cold outside ( below 20*)box satisfies , pressure never gets above 19# to cut comp. back in. Box temp continues to climb and comp does not come back on until outdoor ambiant goes above 20*.
    And what’s the standing pressure of R-12 @ 20*F?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in