Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wiper blades

wiper blades

This may sound kind of dumb but I'm gonna ask.

What do you buy for wiper blades ..... cheap ones or expensive ones ??????

It seems like what ever I put on they don't last with snow or ice.

Last ones just fell apart today and I'm guessing they lasted about 8 months, if that.

I'm wondering if the three angle ones are any better or if something else works ????

One time we got the whole wiper that was covered with a plastic cover ...... those were a joke

I pretty much have just bought replacement blades over the whole wiper

Seems like they are getting cheaper and when your trying to chip the ice away from the plain ones ....... it just tears them up.

OK ..... any sugestions

For winter weather, I put on Anco winter blades which have a rubber sheathing over the frame and links to keep ice and snow out. They're not very expensive and sold just about everywhere. I paid $6 each for 18" blades at Walmart.

Do we know winter, or do we know winter

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...lade_wiper.htm

I, too, tried the expensive blade wipers. If I had nothing to push but water, I would chose blade wipers, but up here the ice and snow create a problem and they are not as scraper-proof as wiper blades. Several times I've had the rubber peal off the spring-metal of blade wipers because it was stuck to the window. from now on it's the old fashioned and cheaper wiper blades.

Winter blades (soft rubber boot covers) are alright but once the boot tears and moisture gets in they're scrap.

I like metal (pivoted) blades better than plastic any day.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2˘.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Thanks Gruntly, thats what I needed to know.

I kinda figured I was better off just using the cheap ones but I thoght I just as well ask in case there was something better out there. Guess there is not

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    This may sound kind of dumb but I'm gonna ask.

What do you buy for wiper blades ..... cheap ones or expensive ones ??????

It seems like what ever I put on they don't last with snow or ice.

Last ones just fell apart today and I'm guessing they lasted about 8 months, if that.

I'm wondering if the three angle ones are any better or if something else works ????

One time we got the whole wiper that was covered with a plastic cover ...... those were a joke

I pretty much have just bought replacement blades over the whole wiper

Seems like they are getting cheaper and when your trying to chip the ice away from the plain ones ....... it just tears them up.

OK ..... any sugestions

You made it 8 months? That seems pretty good to me. I usually have to replace mine every 6 months or so.

I think that when it is freezing outside, even if there is no snow or ice, there is a small layer of frost on the windshield. If you try to run them without having the defrosters on it creates microscopic tears in the rubber. Once that happens, even though they may not look bad, they will never work the same.

I just wish you could get the wipers that come with the car when you buy one new. Those seem to last by far better and last longer.

Mine last around 8 months on the company van, course, I'm not allowed by lease plan to get them replaced more often than 15000 miles... So nice to argue with the oil changer about that. I don't care how good they look, the streaks on my muddy windshield should be enough evidence they are bad.

On my truck I've gone to the cheap-o one's, specially since I rarely drive it.

On my car I had I treated it to some very nice blades, think they were like $40 for the pair. Man did they work great! They didn't like the ice and snow too well though like was mentioned above.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

The blades with the rubber dress are not so bad until you get on the highway and get above 60-65 mph. Then they go from okay to bad to worse. The wind lifts them right off the glass.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Twilli got hosed and bought the expensive one at the quick stop oil change
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

My boss at my first HVAC job would not pay to replace wiper blades ... he said it was our fault for wearing them out so we should pay ... When I said to him this old truck is new to me why should I pay for blades he said take it up with the guy who used to drive the truck...

Oh, I have used all kinds six to eight months seems about right, maybe a year with real good blades. The ones on my truck now were about twenty dollars for the pair, they are doing a good job.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I tie my son to the roof and he wipes his arms back and forth across the windshield.

Going to try these,

Heard good things @ them.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/

Guy that does the service and maintenance on our truck is supposed to check all lights, wiper blades, brakes, tires and stuff when they do oil changes. Still have a supply of blades in the shop and check the trucks blades myself.

i have found Bosch to be the best. i like the micro-edge. wipe them down once in a while.

$4 for the pair at O'reilys this morning. I didn't even walk over and look at the more expensive ones ...... couldn't see the point.

The funny part is I still think it funny they sell them separatly, then by the pair.

Both of mine went bad at the same time .......can't say I would ever just replace one at a time unless you really screwed up and wrecked just one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast