2008 is done...so good luck in 2009!

Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks for letting me post in here even though I'm with a vendor and part of the Borg 2008 has been pretty tough for everyone, whether you're looking for a job or hiring folks. But despite that, as some of you have probably seen, there are still areas of growth: geothermal, solar, and wind energy; commercial retrofits; and some new commercial.

What's coming in 2009? I'm guessing some of those billions of dollars that the new administration is planning to spend on energy will end up in projects that you can work on. Retrofits, new power infrastructure, small and large scale renewables, and pretty much anything that saves energy - every one of these requires people who know HVAC and electrical. I know a number of our employers are already starting to gear up.

So...if you have a job you like, maybe it will get even better. If you have a job you don't like, there are going to be new opportunities. And if you're out of work, keep an open mind - I think if you're willing to move and/or sign on to some of these new techologies, you're going to be working pretty darn soon.

Have a good new year's, stay safe, and let's hope 2009 is more pleasant than 2008!

JeffatMEPJobs

Quote Originally Posted by JeffatMEPJobs View Post
    Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks for letting me post in here even though I'm with a vendor and part of the Borg 2008 has been pretty tough for everyone, whether you're looking for a job or hiring folks. But despite that, as some of you have probably seen, there are still areas of growth: geothermal, solar, and wind energy; commercial retrofits; and some new commercial.

What's coming in 2009? I'm guessing some of those billions of dollars that the new administration is planning to spend on energy will end up in projects that you can work on. Retrofits, new power infrastructure, small and large scale renewables, and pretty much anything that saves energy - every one of these requires people who know HVAC and electrical. I know a number of our employers are already starting to gear up.

So...if you have a job you like, maybe it will get even better. If you have a job you don't like, there are going to be new opportunities. And if you're out of work, keep an open mind - I think if you're willing to move and/or sign on to some of these new techologies, you're going to be working pretty darn soon.

Have a good new year's, stay safe, and let's hope 2009 is more pleasant than 2008!

JeffatMEPJobs

Part of the Borg- Cool!
    GO DAWGS!