Energizer being deceptive? Who would a thunk it

Did ya know that an Energizer "D" size rechargeable battery is just a disguised "AA" size? Neither did I

http://www.naturalnews.com/PhotoTour...tteries_2.html

Energizer isn't the only one who does this. Just about all D size rechargables you will find at any discount type store will be like this. Real D size rechargable batteries are hard to find and are pretty expensive (except for maybe some old NiCads). I did a bunch of research and read reviews on the web about rechargeable batteries a couple of years ago. Always look at the mAh rating and get the highest rating you can find. Try to find reviews and buy them from the internet some where and be aware that not all devices will work with rechargables due to their lower voltage. For some reason nobody has figured out how to make a rechargeable battery with more than 1.2V (regular batteries have 1.5V).

I don't get why Energizer or any other well known co. would try to screw their customers like this, it seems like it would hurt their brand. Those batteries must be nearly worthless. I'll bet you could "quick charge" them for a half hour or whatever it is and be lucky to get 2 minutes of use from them. Wait, I think I just figured it out. Maybe they WANT you to get pissed off at their rechargables so you will keep buying their disposables. Another big conspiracy theory perhaps.

What also bugs me is how all of the products in the grocery store also keep trying to deceive you more and more. I have noticed it recently with frozen pizzas. I don't think you can get a real 12" pizza any more no matter what brand you try. They are all still packed on a 12" cardboard circle but now it will move around in the package if you slide it back and forth. They didn't use to do that

Quite right... A pound of Starbucks coffee at WM is 8oz.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    Quite right... A pound of Starbucks coffee at WM is 8oz.

Is it made in China ? ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Is it made in China ? ....
    Some but Vietnam is the 2nd largest producer in the world, behind Brazil. World coffee exports have dropped 2.9% in the last year.

Be it caused by decreases in supply or demand, I would expect the price of your morning-jolt to dither in the near future . That being said, when have you ever known the price of a coffee to go down?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!