Vista - Controller I/O summary page?

Guys,

I used to play with Alerton's BACtalk for Windows which you can generate I/O summary page of each controller using device templates. But I am new to the LonWorks system and now working on the TAC system. I was wondering if I can create similar displays to show the list of I/O points along with current data values, status and variable of each point.

I'm not sure that this type of display is easily built. If possible, do I need some kind of plug-ins or tools?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

FYI - We are using TAC Xenta system with Vista 5 (Server/Workstation/Menta/Grahpics Editor) and LonMaker Turbo for network.

I haven't worked with Alerton, but I work a lot with TAC Vista. You can do what you want very easily. By default in Vista Workstation the controller name and the point name are viewable on all LON ASCs and every point made public in Menta is also viewable. Right click on the middle window task bar and and check the boxes Value and make its width 150 and check the box that says Description and make its width 300. Then go up to File and select Save my Program settings once you get the view the way you want it. You can create custom displays if you want as well.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    I haven't worked with Alerton, but I work a lot with TAC Vista. You can do what you want very easily. By default in Vista Workstation the controller name and the point name are viewable on all LON ASCs and every point made public in Menta is also viewable. Right click on the middle window task bar and and check the boxes Value and make its width 150 and check the box that says Description and make its width 300. Then go up to File and select Save my Program settings once you get the view the way you want it. You can create custom displays if you want as well.
    Thank you!