Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well I got the Mikita mini impact gun. I decided not to get the kit with the drill because i would never use the drill/driver.
    The little impact rocks! I got it because it fits in my veto bag and i only use the impact for taking off panels and driving screws, fits the bill perfectly. The battery lasted about 2 days, not too bad since it came with 2 and they charge very fast. IM glad i dont have to carry around my 18v impact anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I have the impactor and like it so far. The impacting can be loud especially if you use it indoors. It definately has plenty of torque. 850 in lb compared to the 150 in lb in the drill driver. And it is pretty fast at 2000 rpm.
    Does the drill driver have any problem breaking loose rusty screws? The last drill driver I had would barely break screws lose and sometimes would only get them halfway in then I had to do the rest by hand. But it was the 7.9v dewalt with only 80in lb of torque. I;m still debating weather I should have got the driver like you got instead of the impactor. I can't afford both
    i haven't had any problems with my drill driver breaking screw loose. and there are a plenty of rusted screws 'round these parts actually it can catch you off guard somtimes a jump right out of your hand!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i have a ridgid that i really like. has no problem breaking screws loose.
    lithium last a few days to a week depending on use and only takes 30min to charge. comes w. 2 batteries and charger.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R82007-L...l/EN/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    i have a ridgid that i really like. has no problem breaking screws loose.
    lithium last a few days to a week depending on use and only takes 30min to charge. comes w. 2 batteries and charger.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R82007-L...l/EN/index.htm
    that is a nice one as well. i love rigid power tools, and thier prices. but i counted that one out from the get go, because of the jacobs chuck type it uses. i wanted the hex end that the milwaukee use's because all the bits i use are hex end bits that always work loose on a jacobs chuck

------------------------------------------------------------------
    also the milwaukee hex end is locking versus the first gen bosch that uses a magnet that always came loose and fell out after a few months of good use

not to mention the battery meter of the milwaukee is nice to see when your about to run out of juice

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    that is a nice one as well. i love rigid power tools, and thier prices. but i counted that one out from the get go, because of the jacobs chuck type it uses. i wanted the hex end that the milwaukee use's because all the bits i use are hex end bits that always work loose on a jacobs chuck

------------------------------------------------------------------
    also the milwaukee hex end is locking versus the first gen bosch that uses a magnet that always came loose and fell out after a few months of good use

not to mention the battery meter of the milwaukee is nice to see when your about to run out of juice
    and i went w. the ridgid b/c none of the drill bits i have are hexend. a battery meter would be nice but as long as i keep one battery charged it doesnt bother me.

and i went w. the ridgid b/c none of the drill bits i have are hexend. a battery meter would be nice but as long as i keep one battery charged it doesnt bother me.
    Does the Rigid work in the cold? By cold I mean below 20*F.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    Does the Rigid work in the cold? By cold I mean below 20*F.
    i havent noticed a difference with the cold but its usually above 20* in most residentials.

I use a Milwaukee 18v impactor for installs and just bought the Bosch 12v Li Ion 2 drill kit for $170. The impactor is weak compared to my 18v (fair enough) but at $170 I'm going to bring it back and keep my eye out for a cheaper set. The Makita looks interesting and the Milwaukee 12v too... decisions decisions.

i havent noticed a difference with the cold but its usually above 20* in most residentials.
    LOL, I guess it depends how long the heats been off. One of the main reasons I want a mini drill is for RTU's, and it seems like it's ALWAYS cold (or hot) when I'm up there.

you obviously don't work on heat pumps

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    Well I got the Mikita mini impact gun. I decided not to get the kit with the drill because i would never use the drill/driver.
    The little impact rocks! I got it because it fits in my veto bag and i only use the impact for taking off panels and driving screws, fits the bill perfectly. The battery lasted about 2 days, not too bad since it came with 2 and they charge very fast. IM glad i dont have to carry around my 18v impact anymore.
    Got it in my Veto as well!

My battery has not died yet, i only use it maybe once every other day.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    you obviously don't work on heat pumps
    i do, but i rarely bother getting out the drill for a few 5/16" screws. craftsman nutdriver set for that.

i do, but i rarely bother getting out the drill for a few 5/16" screws. craftsman nutdriver set for that.
    on a split heat pump, yea like 2-6 screws

but pulling the top off. lol yea, you'd be ther for 20mns with a nut driver

my milwaukee pulled screws right out of the RTU i was working on this morning, it was 23deg F this morning and it sat on truck all night

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast