mini cordless drill - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 48
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Gold Coast of Connecticut
    Posts
    4,567

    This is the one I use

    This has been good so far (1 month). Very nice, I also have the hammer drill just like it. I found the both for $99.00 reg $179 at Home Depot. They come in a small aluminum box together as a kit. This was a close out so hurry.

    http://www.makita.com./en-us/Modules....aspx?ID=26527

    This is the Kit
    http://www.makita.com./en-us/Modules....aspx?ID=26529
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anytown USA
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    This has been good so far (1 month). Very nice, I also have the hammer drill just like it. I found the both for $99.00 reg $179 at Home Depot. They come in a small aluminum box together as a kit. This was a close out so hurry.

    http://www.makita.com./en-us/Modules....aspx?ID=26527

    This is the Kit
    http://www.makita.com./en-us/Modules....aspx?ID=26529
    I was looking at that kit.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    218
    i have the bosch 10.8 impactor im experiencing the cold weather difficulty. only when the batteries are cold you have to let them warm to room temp to work. if the makitas and milwaukee are lithium ion also why is there no issue with them.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    for the money this is your best bet. a guy in my work has one, it is amazing. has plenty of power and is small and light to use. and most importantly the batteries dont fail in the cold like bosch lol.

    http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/....aspx?ID=26528
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    As far as I can tell, this model only has 500 rpm. How well does that work for drilling test holes?
    it works perfectly well.

    thought everyone knew that you don't turn high rpm's when drilling through metal
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,875
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    As far as I can tell, this model only has 500 rpm. How well does that work for drilling test holes?
    Works great as Beachy said....I use it all the time can drill around 10 to 15 test holes in the course of a day. I usually have to change the battery about once a week.
    I need a new signature.....

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    it works perfectly well.

    thought everyone knew that you don't turn high rpm's when drilling through metal
    I'm not even going to pretend I know what speed I should use for a 3/8" bit in sheet metal, but I know my 12 volt Panasonic works pretty good on high speed, which is quite a bit faster than 500 r's pm, so I wondered how well it worked.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Works great as Beachy said....I use it all the time can drill around 10 to 15 test holes in the course of a day. I usually have to change the battery about once a week.
    Thanks, I might have to pick one up. My old drill doesn't fit in my new Veto as well as I would like.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hamilton Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,406
    Well I have been using my Milwaukee since Christmas and still have not charged the battery yet. I was driving sheet metal screws this afternoon and still going strong.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    757
    do you guys have the impact or regular screwdriver/drill. local supplier has a sale going on 12v will probably pick one up.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    I'm not even going to pretend I know what speed I should use for a 3/8" bit in sheet metal, but I know my 12 volt Panasonic works pretty good on high speed, which is quite a bit faster than 500 r's pm, so I wondered how well it worked.
    it works just as well as your high revving panasonic

    not only for drilling test holes in duct work, but i use mine all the time to drill 5/16 self trappers in cabinets too

    also, if you think 500 is slow, check the rpm's of the bosch even slower
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    do you guys have the impact or regular screwdriver/drill. local supplier has a sale going on 12v will probably pick one up.
    just depends on if you want a clutch or not. the impactor has a little more torque though.

    i want both. i have the drill driver and love it. cannot wait to get my hands on the impactor and see how it does
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  13. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    just depends on if you want a clutch or not. the impactor has a little more torque though.

    i want both. i have the drill driver and love it. cannot wait to get my hands on the impactor and see how it does

    I have the impactor and like it so far. The impacting can be loud especially if you use it indoors. It definately has plenty of torque. 850 in lb compared to the 150 in lb in the drill driver. And it is pretty fast at 2000 rpm.
    Does the drill driver have any problem breaking loose rusty screws? The last drill driver I had would barely break screws lose and sometimes would only get them halfway in then I had to do the rest by hand. But it was the 7.9v dewalt with only 80in lb of torque. I;m still debating weather I should have got the driver like you got instead of the impactor. I can't afford both

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event