Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

mini cordless drill

i am looking for a small drill that will fit in toolbag. i have a larger cordless dewalt impact. The main purpose would be to take screws out on rtus.you know if you are on a large roof and need a drill and have to run down to van. i have read earlier posts about li ion and cold temps. milwaukee seems like a good choice. i looked on grainger the milwaukee impact 219. they have a 12v li ion regular drill for 159.anybody use the regular drill. sears has one for 85. any thoughts? thanks

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._200137_192137
    this is the impact driver, i haven't bought one of these yet, but they are pretty darn awesome! lots of torque!!

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._200137_192137
    this is the hex drill driver that i have and would not trade for anything in the world! and no, cold weather does not stop this thing from operating properly

and as you can see, it fits in my veto just fine
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I do not know how small drill you are looking for, but one option is the Bosch 12-Volt Litheon Cordless Drill. However, it is not much of a "drill" (I prefer corded ones for power), but very capable for driving screws in a tight location (such as inside a cabinet etc). What I am not happy with it - is its price ($150-ish)

K

Quote Originally Posted by kah1010 View Post
    I do not know how small drill you are looking for, but one option is the Bosch 12-Volt Litheon Cordless Drill. However, it is not much of a "drill" (I prefer corded ones for power), but very capable for driving screws in a tight location (such as inside a cabinet etc). What I am not happy with it - is its price ($150-ish)

K
    yea, that's the one that quits working when it gets cold outside

most of the newer cordless drills will beat the pants off a corded drill, rpm, torque and ease of use, simply cause you're not tripping or dragging a cord around
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Got this for Christmas. Have used it for 2 days and still not a drop in power. The Bosch is retired to the garage.

Oh yea it tucks in the Veto XL with the spare battery just in case I need it.

I got the little milwaukee Impact driver and love it. It has plenty of speed and extra torque for busting rusted screws loose.

Does the regular(non-impact) Milwaukee driver have plenty of torque for tough screws? I do miss having a clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Got this for Christmas. Have used it for 2 days and still not a drop in power. The Bosch is retired to the garage.
    I have this one too.....battery lasts about a week for me....just turning screws and drilling test holes...

Have had mine for about 6 months now....love it!

Also doesn't seem that the batteries are bothered by the cold....
    I need a new signature.....

yeah that was what i was wandering. I figure by the time Im retired Ill be leaning to one side some of our guys go back to there vans 5 times for tools. i have a perfect spot for drill in tool bag. will the non impact have enough power/torque or I am better off buying impact.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Got the M12, love it. Drives 3" wood screws, no problem. Just got the flashlight, love the magnet on the body. -30, and it still works.

Shop bought the copper cutter, real nice, but it doesn't like water.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

http://www.makita.com./en-us/Modules....aspx?ID=24040

This one works great for panel screws and light drilling and fits perfectly in a Veto LC pocket with a viewtainer full of 1/4" drives with the handle straight

Guy called me today and said they were at Menard's for 59.00

That's a nice case, 2 batteries, charger ,holster and some bits/drills
    Last edited by itsiceman; 02-13-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

http://www.directbrandtools.com/Deta...=8&qsSubCat=59

Got this little kit just before xmas and works a treat,got your 1/4" impact driver and your drill driver with jacobs jaw chuck,running at 10.8v,1.3ah,2 batteries and metal case,still on the same batteries with out a re charge,also have the 7.2v and cant knock that but the 10.8v for power is great.not had any probs with the cold affecting batteries either

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I have this one too.....battery lasts about a week for me....just turning screws and drilling test holes...

Have had mine for about 6 months now....love it!

Also doesn't seem that the batteries are bothered by the cold....
    As far as I can tell, this model only has 500 rpm. How well does that work for drilling test holes?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast