Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 35
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Yo.... Here!, I'm right here..
    Posts
    6,236
    So you've been in the field ahhhhhhhhh a whopping 6 months and you can make this statement...........

    Sorry sport I don't think it's the performance base pay concept that is your problem, ya probably need another 5 yr experience............



    heh...............6 months............??

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by JDJ View Post
    Performance pay isn't for those who have any compassion or a morale compass
    You could not be more wrong....

    Do you recommend a capacitor if one is needed? How about cleaning a blower wheel? How about an igniter? How about a filter or a humidifier pad? I have never MADE a customer EVER do anything they didn't want to do or feel comfortable doing for the better of their system.

    You have just insulted a number of great technicians with your ignorance. I am as honest as they come and would never recommend anything that a customer didn't need. EVER!

    Yes, this system can be used to take advantage of a customer.....just the same way as an hourly system can be used to take advantage of the company that pays your check. I know guys that take 2 hours to change a blower motor....I can do it in 30 minutes.....should we make the same amount of money for doing it?????

    I'm not trying to be a total d!ck here....just telling you that many of us HONEST people.....will not like your statements....
    I need a new signature.....

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coming to a town near you soon
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    So you've been in the field ahhhhhhhhh a whopping 6 months and you can make this statement...........

    Sorry sport I don't think it's the performance base pay concept that is your problem, ya probably need another 5 yr experience............



    heh...............6 months............??
    It looks like Sherlock Holmes is on this case.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    So you've been in the field ahhhhhhhhh a whopping 6 months and you can make this statement...........

    Sorry sport I don't think it's the performance base pay concept that is your problem, ya probably need another 5 yr experience............



    heh...............6 months............??

    What does my time in the field have to do with the basic principles that I'm speaking about?

    Not damn thing man!

    The elements and variables that are present to a tech with performance pay don't change whether I have 5 years or 1 day.

    Stop being a prick and think about what you say before you open your mouth please.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Yo.... Here!, I'm right here..
    Posts
    6,236
    hey hey........it's just that 6 months means you have very little credibility especially on here about a subject like this..............






    prick.....?...prick....????...I love it when people call me names....

    NOW


    sit down junior.....come back in a couple a years..............

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coming to a town near you soon
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by JDJ View Post
    Yes it is that bad bro. If I'm not selling I get a page to not come into work while the guy with the "hot hand" gets to work.

    This is a great industry but it's suspect to a lot of manipulation and perversion.


    There is a guy that I hired in with who condemns at least two furnaces per week and sells a bunch of bogus crap but the company loves him.

    I could very well become that guy but then I have to live with myself.

    It's hard to cheat and lie all week and then go to church on Sunday and praise God.


    If you go to a house and you find a contactor with severely pitted contacts but still working, do you recommend a new one? I do and I get paid the same if they say yes or no, But if I don't and that contactor fails when they need it then I'm the one that looks like the one that doesn't care if their system works. so if your not making suggestions on replacing worn parts are you really helping that customer or are you assuming they would rather save money than have a reliable system.

    Every time I get my oil changed the guy ask if i want a new air filter. I don't feel like hes trying to rip me off. Hes trying to keep my truck running the best it can.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    You could not be more wrong....

    Do you recommend a capacitor if one is needed? How about cleaning a blower wheel? How about an igniter? How about a filter or a humidifier pad? I have never MADE a customer EVER do anything they didn't want to do or feel comfortable doing for the better of their system.

    You have just insulted a number of great technicians with your ignorance. I am as honest as they come and would never recommend anything that a customer didn't need. EVER!

    Yes, this system can be used to take advantage of a customer.....just the same way as an hourly system can be used to take advantage of the company that pays your check. I know guys that take 2 hours to change a blower motor....I can do it in 30 minutes.....should we make the same amount of money for doing it?????

    I'm not trying to be a total d!ck here....just telling you that many of us HONEST people.....will not like your statements....

    It's not ignorance that fuels my point of view. I don't mean to call you out man but I'm willing to bet that you have stretched the truth to sell a part.

    Performance pay is designed to make the company a 400% profit on anything sold. This system is probably isn't purposed to turn you into a crook but you start to become one.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,189
    Somebody call for a water hose?

    Looks like you boys might be simmering a bit.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Yo.... Here!, I'm right here..
    Posts
    6,236
    The auto industry has been using Performance Base Pay for years.........it works well, requires a sound management oversight as IBM put it so eloquently........

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    hey hey........it's just that 6 months means you have very little credibility especially on here about a subject like this..............






    prick.....?...prick....????...I love it when people call me names....

    NOW


    sit down junior.....come back in a couple a years..............


    Credibility is irrelevant on this issue because of the commonality of the varibles concerning this topic.

    I'm nobody's junior. If you are so prideful about your alleged maturity maybe you show some respect to me instead of trying to find a way to be difficult.

    Maybe you could offer some advice instead of being such a jerk

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Yo.... Here!, I'm right here..
    Posts
    6,236
    Relax jr I think we can handle this......................with out the hammer........

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,189
    Quote Originally Posted by JDJ View Post
    It's not ignorance that fuels my point of view. I don't mean to call you out man but I'm willing to bet that you have stretched the truth to sell a part.

    Performance pay is designed to make the company a 400% profit on anything sold. This system is probably isn't purposed to turn you into a crook but you start to become one.
    I'm closing this thread as you have seriously crossed the line.

    You just called a man that you don't know a crook.

    I suggest you change the attitude before make any further posts here.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by JDJ View Post
    It's not ignorance that fuels my point of view. I don't mean to call you out man but I'm willing to bet that you have stretched the truth to sell a part.

    Performance pay is designed to make the company a 400% profit on anything sold. This system is probably isn't purposed to turn you into a crook but you start to become one.
    <edit> I will just say thank you jr.........
    Last edited by I_bend_metal; 12-27-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: retracted my statement
    I need a new signature.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event