+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas tools anyone

Post Likes

Christmas tools anyone

I got a gift card for Blowes, now I just gotta figure out what to get.

Post Likes
    i would go for channellock , klein, Irwin
    maybe even dewalt

Post Likes
    I got a small gift card to Lowe's and purchased one of the Kobalt utility knives with the extra knife blades, one straight and one serrated along with a couple 6-in-1's. I have a large gift card for Home Depot and have no idea what to buy there. I think I already own at least one of everthing they have worth having.

Post Likes
    Gearwrench:
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Best tool gift I ever received was a Hole Pro adjustable hole cutter a couple years ago. Now I give them out as gifts myself for my tool oriented friends - my remodeler brother got the 2" to 9" X-230 kit this past Christmas.

Post Likes
    I got a Lowe's gift card for Christmas, too. I ended buying this, great for threaded rod and the socket are real thin. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...107-1074-22399

Post Likes
    Ive always wanted one of those thru hole ratchet sets... I actually found one of those sockets on a roof a while back but I think it was from an armstrong set.

If you do a lot of all thread rod and for some reason have a to run nuts up a long way.... like 6 inches...or a foot....or whatever......

You can take an old hole saw arbor and a hole saw...an old one...or buy a new one....and jam a piece of EMT into the hole saw....got to use a hole saw that will fit relatively tight around the emt....3/4 or 7/8..... you can drive a screw thru the old hole saw into the emt to keep the emt from falling out.

then buy nuts that wont go into the other end of the emt..... you then take the emt and drive it down over one of the nuts and it will form itself to the nut. You can then use this in a drill to drive the nuts up long pieces of all thread.

Ive seen this done with 6 foot pieces of emt and 3/8 all thread nuts.... electricians running multiple hangers off the same rods.

I did this with a one foot piece of emt once.....on a job just to try it and it works pretty good.

Post Likes
    I just chuck the all-thead in my drill and run the nut up that way.

Drill and channel-locks. No fancy stuff needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in