Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Home made tools

Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    And the "Statmaster" thermostat controller;

Did you fuse the box or is it just toggles?
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

@walterc is blk for common or extra power?
    Last edited by Artietech; 05-16-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: caint spell
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    the number of lines supporting the load divided by the weight of the load gives force required to lift it.

I use a double line, so I lift a 50 pounder with 25 pounds of effort.

Makes it REAL nice hoisting those smaller compressors onto the roof.
    How are you securing the pulley? Is it just to the top of the ladder or do you set up a frame? Where do you pull the rope from? If pulled from the ground floor do you have to climb the ladder with the load suspended above you?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    I don't see how this works out smoothly? everything must be dragging up the side of the wall on the way up?? also how do you get it up and over the roof edge. I think it would be better if it was made in round pipe then you have the upright pipe in a hollow pipe. then have a long 90 round pipe in it that way it can swivel out away from the roof then onto the roof to drop the stuff
    You hold the end of the bar and push it away from the building. The load is brought up away from the building and outside the edge of the roof. Then you bring the ladder back toward the building and the load is on the roof.

No dragging/scraping or pulling stuff over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    How are you securing the pulley? Is it just to the top of the ladder or do you set up a frame? Where do you pull the rope from? If pulled from the ground floor do you have to climb the ladder with the load suspended above you?
    Work in progress...

Typically, I'll tie the rope off to a gas line, unit or something nearby and heavy enough to support the other half of the load.

The pulley is connected to the load. All work is done from the roof.

Pulley is secured to the load with a REAL carabiner, not a key-chain or a shackle.

The "work in progress" part is the frame. I'm working on building a frame that can be easily hoisted, assembled, used to raise/lower heavier loads. The big advantage of this would be that same frame could then be moved to the unit and used to move the load in or out of place.

Work in progress...

Typically, I'll tie the rope off to a gas line, unit or something nearby and heavy enough to support the other half of the load.

Pulley is secured to the load with a REAL carabiner, not a key-chain or a shackle.

The "work in progress" part is the frame. I'm working on building a frame that can be easily hoisted, assembled, used to raise/lower heavier loads. The big advantage of this would be that same frame could then be moved to the unit and used to move the load in or out of place.
    Nice. You got any pictures?

Work in progress...

Thanks, I like it.

frame is not built, yet. I'm putting a piece of UniStrut across a couple sawhorses. It works.
    supertech turned me on to the many wonders of unistrut (or superstrut) they make all the feet, brackets, etc. to build a gantry any size you want. and they have unitstrut dollies that ride in the strut that will hold 1500lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    supertech turned me on to the many wonders of unistrut (or superstrut) they make all the feet, brackets, etc. to build a gantry any size you want. and they have unitstrut dollies that ride in the strut that will hold 1500lbs.

Was just at the shop today and picked up a length of 1 5/8" unistrut and some hardware to go with the other bits and pieces that I've been collecting.

I've got a compressor to change next week. Shipping weight is 185#. I'll have pix.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456