Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sometimes we get a bonus, most times we don't.
    After a couple times of not getting (earning) one, I just decided not to worry about it. If I get one great, if I don't then no big deal.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

We always give a real good bonus to our employees.......I'm amazed how ungrateful people are.....had one guy tell another how he deserved it..........

this year isn't going to be like the last 5 yr's.........

We got rid of some dead weight, and a few bad apples.......

we have better people now and I think they will be more appreciative...

Merry Christmas...........

I gave everyone a bonus that works for me. Times are tough but you have to take care of your guys. I know for the most part they expect it, but they also deserve it.

The only thing that burns my onion is I have one guy that for years has never acknowledged the fact that he has received a bonus, not even a simple grunt when a thank you would have done as well.

I think saying that business is bad etc is a cheap way out, unless it's really big time bad......you don't cheap out during the holidays.

Last December 24th I fired a guy, he got his bonus when he picked up his final check later that week, why because he basically earned it, as much as it ground my butt, my wife convinced me it was the right thing to do. It almost made it into the shredder though!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    I gave everyone a bonus that works for me. Times are tough but you have to take care of your guys. I know for the most part they expect it, but they also deserve it.

The only thing that burns my onion is I have one guy that for years has never acknowledged the fact that he has received a bonus, not even a simple grunt when a thank you would have done as well.

I think saying that business is bad etc is a cheap way out, unless it's really big time bad......you don't cheap out during the holidays.

Last December 24th I fired a guy, he got his bonus when he picked up his final check later that week, why because he basically earned it, as much as it ground my butt, my wife convinced me it was the right thing to do. It almost made it into the shredder though!

Twilli says the free beer you buy for some people is like a bonus
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

HeyBob don't buy no more beer for them people anymore. HeyBob does not know those people anymore. They have been deleted, poofed, ignored and erased!

We got a bonus both this year and last, guess I'm fortunate.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Wink i am not complaining

no Christmas bonus this year...but a nice party on Lake Michigan yacht.

i did get about $2500 in bonuses this year from jobs we brought in. things are tight and i am happy to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    More power to you!!! If more people would stick up for themselves in this industry, it would be a much better place to work. Employers dump all over alot of the guys. The spineless sheeple are afraid of their own shadows.

I like where I work, good company, bosses are great, got no complaints.
    appearently he thought i wouldn't find a job this time of year and in this "economy"

my soon to be boss is very great guy, we go out every wednesday night and hang out, also it is a very small refrigeration company, including me into the option of owning if i so choose in the future
    Last edited by beachtech; 12-26-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Ummmmmm.....what's a bonus????

11 years in this business....never got a bonus.....

.....maybe one of these days......

Might have to move to Michigan and work for HeyBob.....
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    I don't mean my post to be negative.

I've just never seen an industry like our industry that expects a bonus at Christmas.

You should hear the guys griping that they don't have money for gifts.

Uhhh, how about a budget? If you get a bonus, then that's just gravy money.
    My boss thinks that we are owed bonuses. I do not get it. I get a good wage with good benifits. I make more than most property managers so why am I owed a bonus?

I got a bonus this year a big one. I thanked the senior property manager. And the next day I thanked her again for my wife. I let her know that I really like working for a company that appriciates the job we do.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Expecting a bonus, I don't think people should "expect them"... but lets face it, this trade is kinda rough. We give up a lot of free time with late jobs, on call, etc. Our bodies can take quite a hit too after several years... at least that's what I'm gathering from all the threads from the old people falling apart here

I don't think the bonus should necessarily be a cash prize, but there should be something done to show the guys you care about their dedication (providing they earn that). Whether it's some extra jingle on a check, a free turkey or even a nice dinner all together... something is better than nothing.

I understand the economy is crappy, and that makes things tight, but I highly doubt any of us are doing lesser quality work because the economy is tight...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Just started new job two weeks ago was surprised and very grateful to get a $25 gift certificate to Applebees and a $75 Visa Card although my wife is trying to talk me out of both of them

Thanks

As of today, only 3 people have thanked me.
    Same bonuses as last year and some were more.
    Will re-think this next year for sure.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast