Contractor came highly reccommended but....

The system has been installed but just to ease my mind could you guys comfirm a matched system?

Its a Trane heat pump xl15i
    4twx5042a

Trane vs air handler
    2/4tee3f37

Trane thermostat
    tcont800

These guys came highly recommended and after I was given the it will take 5 days and every vent will be on the exterior wall, and absolutely no holes,...

its been 5 WEEKS, half of the vents are just inside the room itself let alone to the exterior wall, we had to remove a whole wall to place the air handler, and every seam leaks air. I believe we had some Newer guys installing our system and we already had them out once because a few of the vents were not blowing any air. Also we were told that one central return would suffice. There is not one return in any room. We just have a vent piece on both sides of most the rooms walls so the air can get out.

so if you guys could give me your opinion of whether or not they were on the level with the equipment I would appreciate it.

Hey also is there a good site for figuring out operation and maintenence on these things? These guys didnt tell me squat and I have no manuals...

Thanks

Is this a house, trailer? One story? Basement? Where is the air handler located in the home?

house details

2 story house appox 2000 sq ft. 2 bay windows, one in front and one in back. Other windows are sliders about 10 of em. House is well insulated or it was before they ran their ductwork. Air handler is in the kneewall in an upstairs bedroom. Thanks

Why exterior walls ? did you not have any interior walls to install your duct work or was there no existing duct work to work with ? Is the house buildt on a slab or do you have a basement or attic ? None the less sounds like you have some problems from your short description, mught want to have a talk with the owner of the compnay if you haven't already. If the exterior walls are the only choice as far as the duct work is concerned make sure there sealed up properly and insulated and I wouldn't let them close the walls up until there inspected by the city inspector, which you may want to call as well if your not too familar with having a furnace installed as he is the guy who will make sure everything is done to code as it should be. Was there a permit pulled for this job ? If not I wouldn't let the guys do anymore work until it has been pulled. I think you need to ask a few questions tomarrow ASAP !!!

Got to be a return somewhere.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Make sure the contractor pull a permit. If it pass inspection...you can assume it is up to par.
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

Quote Originally Posted by dan wong View Post
    Make sure the contractor pull a permit. If it pass inspection...you can assume it is up to par.
    That won't necessarily make it right or good, just guaranties it meets minimum code standards.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Not an approved match with that air handler.

can you tell me why?? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Not an approved match with that air handler.
    can you tell me what the problem would be with the equipment. thanks

Without that combination being an AHRI or manufacturer-approved match, no way of telling what the performance will be out of the system. It's possible that the coil in that air handler is too small for the 3.5 ton XL15i.

Quote Originally Posted by cb0023 View Post
    can you tell me what the problem would be with the equipment. thanks
    According to Trane, that is not a matched system.

The air handler should be a 4TEE3F40 OR LARGER with that outdoor unit.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.