Thread: On Call

Post Likes

On Call

The Company I work for came up with a new on call rotation which I think sucks we do mostly oil the rotation they came up with is 2 guys on call 2areas ,well 1 one guy has Monday and Tuesday off the Wed,Thurs,Fri.8 to 5,Sat and Sun covering both areas from 8 to 4 covering both areas,The other guy comes in at 3pm to 11pm Mon thru Fri and Sat and Sun From 4 till covering normal areas,Is there any other companies doing this?

Post Likes
    Sounds messed up. I'm on call 24/7 365 so I guess your situation could be worse.

Post Likes
    where I work we do 1 week on and 1 week off. since the "on-call" guy gets a $75.00 spiff for each week of on call duty I usually do 4 weeks on and 1 week off.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    Spiffs? Spiffs? Yeah right. Its a privledge to be on call! No spiffs zone! You gotta be kidding me? If I had gotten SPIFFS for being on call I woulda raked in the cash this year!
    Heck I get called when they cant find the on call guy! Spiffs! What the heck! Spiffs!
    Bah!
    Bubz
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Spiffs? Spiffs? Yeah right. Its a privledge to be on call! No spiffs zone! You gotta be kidding me? If I had gotten SPIFFS for being on call I woulda raked in the cash this year!
    Heck I get called when they cant find the on call guy! Spiffs! What the heck! Spiffs!
    Bah!
    Bubz
    Sounds like me. Officially, I'm on call 1 week and off 2. Sometimes, they call me to find out who is supposed to be on call.

Never got a bonus just for being on call, just OT.

Still rake the cash in the summer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by volt View Post
    Sounds messed up. I'm on call 24/7 365 so I guess your situation could be worse.
    I'm with you there, 24/7. I do get xtra cash for all the on call though.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Post Likes
    Did the person who came up with that hopelessly complicated formula used to work for the government?
    GO DAWGS!

Post Likes
    Our guys are on 1 week/3 off, with 4 hrs. of regular time guarenteed. Whoever made that system up is just making it more complicated..if you ask me.

Post Likes

On Call

I know,Just wish some one was hiring right now I think it's time to move on.

Post Likes

on call

Well , we do 2wks on and 8 wks off with 50bucks per wknd plus the ot .
    unless you are me the svs mgr and are on back up 24/7/365 and do your 2wks also