Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

boiler pressure dropping

got a new boiler and the pressure gauge drops erratically from time to time locking the boiler out until the manual feed valve is opened for a second and pressure is restored. Air eliminator is open and very sure of no leaks. Could this be a trapped air pocket in the system that once in a while works its way near the gauge or limit switch to drop pressure?? could use some advice

hot water or steam?

water...thanks

what kind of boiler? usually the pressure rises when its heated.

Sounds like you need to call a service tech. manually feeding water to a closed loop water system is not right. By introducing untreated water continuously will cause sediment build up leading to heat exchanger failure.Boiler should be equipped with a lwco and a auto feed valve. So in the event of low water it should temporary rectify issue. You my be heading for bigger issues later on

its a munchkin 80m, the pressure will be good for days or weeks then out of the blue the pressure is a zero and its locked out. i'll open the manual water valve for a split second then the pressure jumps to 12psi and fires. happened maybe five times this winter

are you pumping away???

Call the installers back if it is new. May have a bad exp tank.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Call the installer, somethings not right. I have several ideas but since this is not a DIY site, I can't help
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

was your fill valve and backflow changed when they installed it? how hard is your water? this changes everything at first u said as it ran the pressure would drop every heating cycle. Is your fill valve set properly?

You should never have to manually operate the auto-fill valve. Minute leaks will invariably allow the boiler pressure to drop over serveral weeks. The auto-fill is not responding. Call your installers back and have them change it out or properly adjust it while it's in warranty.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

80 m is that the little black boiler. if so i just installed on the other day. replaced a hydropulse.

Popcorn.......getch ya popcorn hea......Popcorn getch.a popcorn.......hea.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast