Colman furnace issue

I have a Coleman Evcon pulse fired gas furnace (yes, Coleman does make a pulse furnace) that is causing me some headaches. The call for heat is there, all limits and the air pressure switch closes......the call goes through the ignition module and the ignitor fires. Gas valve opens and the units runs perfectly. Indoor motor comes on and all is well.

There is no flame sensor!

40 seconds pluse after everything seems well the gas valve kills the flame when there is still a call for heat. limits are still closed and the draft motor is still running. I have replaced the module with a new one but the furnace is doing the same thing. I have not seen anything like this in 20 years of HVAC. Any ideas?

Hate to tell ya bud but they are just gonna lock this one too, forum rules do not allow DIY info to be given out.
    Last edited by cmajerus; 12-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    You can't fix stupid

What is the purpose of the site if techs cannot help each other out?

If you are a tech, you have to get your post count up to 15, then apply for membership. You just need to give the membership board a little info so they can be sure you are a tech, and not a homeowner looking for info on how to fix their problems themselves.
    You can't fix stupid

Thnaks for the info!

no problem keep BS'ing on the general boards and then submit your request. I will find the link for you if nobody beats me too it.
    You can't fix stupid

here's a post with the info you need to apply, it doesn't happen overnight, so be patient.
    You can't fix stupid

Twilli likes that name HVACCat.....reminds Twilli of a song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8nwZ44XV0
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Twilli says is this a new install? Was the roof jack changed?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

One more thing, is the model # a DGAT? Twilli smart man, Coleman connoisseur to be exact. Very good clue also on the roof jack.
    You can't fix stupid

Coleman issue

Had a similar problem a few years ago and tried everything. Finally found some large metal shavings that apparently "floated" and occasionally blocked gas flow causing the system to shut down. Removed the debris and no problems since. Might be worth a look.