I'VE BEEN OFFERED A JOB

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here works for Honeywell or been hired thru an agency to work for Honeywell. I've been offered a job in Canada thru a recuiter to work for Honeywell installing thermostats. I would like to know if there is any future potential to be hired directly to work for honeywell.

Honeywell used to have pretty sizeable market share here in the states,and was considered a great place to work.
    For some reason(probably a bean counter) about 10-12 years ago they just started subbing everything out to other mechanicals,concentrating on energy payback contracts.Service departments were pretty much almost gone after that.

All the people I knew at honeywell ended up somewhere else so can't tell you much about the current situation.

If you're switching jobs, I'd make sure this is a long term thing,and you aren't a sub or working for a sub.
    Honeywell used to be union, do you know if they still are?
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody69 View Post
    I've been offered a job in Canada thru a recuiter
    Get it in writing. Once you resettle to Canada they can cut their offer, and if you don't like it, they'll tell you to go back where you came from.

The service techs are union pipefitters.

Hey thanks for the reply. I really don't know too much about the company weither they are union or not.

The only people that are union at honeywell are the sevice fitters. the control guys and sales are non-union.hope that helps have a nice day.