Thread: Wages

Wages

Anyone know what the going wage rate for exp service techs in Alberta is? I seem to get alot of diferent wage ranges from people.

one MILLION dollars

i don't live in alberta but you're a little vague on details, years exp, resi, commercial?

Thats why I said "wage rate" for experienced Tech.Years in the business dont mean anything.I know guys with "20 years in the field" that couldnt troubleshoot their shoelaces.Also, if I gave you all the info you asked for would you have been able to tell me the wages even thou you dont live there?

seems like I read in the $33.00 per hour range

Thumbs up

Thanks absoair, that was the wage rate I have been finding on line latley.

33 an hour Thats pretty good. I get Commission sometimes i end up more then that and sometimes less but 33 an hour to me is great pay.

Quote Originally Posted by tlchvac View Post
    Thats why I said "wage rate" for experienced Tech.Years in the business dont mean anything.I know guys with "20 years in the field" that couldnt troubleshoot their shoelaces.Also, if I gave you all the info you asked for would you have been able to tell me the wages even thou you dont live there?
    don't get your undies in a bunch man...

i was just trying to help you out. i honestly don't get how anyone can put a number on something without details like i had mentioned. i've seen reports online that differentiate between residential and commercial, union and non-union. i know that around here, years in the field counts for a lot. like you said, and we all know, there are guys with a lot of years that don't know squat. i also know that being 5 years into the field around here will NOT get you top of the pay scale. i thought i had brought up valid points.

i guess that's what i get for thinking though huh.....

Quote Originally Posted by tlchvac View Post
    Anyone know what the going wage rate for exp service techs in Alberta is? I seem to get alot of diferent wage ranges from people.
    union journeyman base rate is $38.77 per hour with about another 10 dollars an hour in benefits.foreman rate is 10% above that.this is for a journeyman refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic-the rates for plumbers are different.

Cool

come to chicago union journeymen get 42.05 an hour