Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man you're givin me the willys right now! We take care of a building, and I've been up this ladder many times... for some odd reason it kinda gives me butterflies, and I'm not normally effected by heights much if any.

Kinda cool picture...

At least they "finished" ladder. Before you had to set your ext ladder up and go about half way up on that, then climb onto the suicide ladder... no way my ext ladder would reach the top, must be 30'-34' tall.

I'll have to look closer next time I'm there, maybe those butterflies is my subconscious trying to warn me?!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

amick, that second shot got me all queasy. I do not like heights, which amuses some folks as I am near 6-1/2 feet tall.
    I have suicide ladders like yours but, they do have cages around them from maybe 10 feet on up.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

I've never climbed one for work that has a cage... have scaled a few water towers though.

I'm not sure I like the cages... I mean, would ya rather fall, or continually tumble through a cage? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't catch myself right away and would look like someone playing plinko on the prices right if I ever fell in a cage
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Good thing you didn't get hurt. Your story reminds me of when we were doing a remodel on a house that was pretty old. On about my 25th trip up the stairs with fill from the hole we made to do the new underground(we do plumbing and heating) the stairs gave way with me on the top stair. There were about 15 stairs and the fall was around 12'. The stairs dropped straight down and so did I. I landed on my feet with my two five gallon buckets of fill getting ripped out of my hands... I was not hurt either but the next day sucked, having to use a ladder to bring the cement down to finish the floor....

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    I've never climbed one for work that has a cage... have scaled a few water towers though.

I'm not sure I like the cages... I mean, would ya rather fall, or continually tumble through a cage? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't catch myself right away and would look like someone playing plinko on the prices right if I ever fell in a cage
    As big as I am I'll just get a little wedged in the cages and won't drop far at all. Climbing in them is a real piece of work because there's maybe 4 inches off of each shoulder and barely room for my knees to flex out to pull up my foot for the next rung. When I have a seriously tall climb in a cage, I'll stop at maybe 2/3 up for a short break and lean back and lock in so I can rest my knees just a bit. Makes the rest of the job a little easier with the knee rest.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12