DEER sausage, burger

Anyone have some good recipes for Deer breakfast sausage or burger. I am looking at trying different recipes. Tired of the same old onion soup recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by sokoservices View Post
    Anyone have some good recipes for Deer breakfast sausage or burger. I am looking at trying different recipes. Tired of the same old onion soup recipes.
    I made some Italian sausage last year that was great. Sorry, though I dont have the recipe right now. ill seee if I can find it and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by clintkennon View Post
    I made some Italian sausage last year that was great. Sorry, though I dont have the recipe right now. ill seee if I can find it and post it.
    Thanks just bought a 1hp grinder and I am excited to make some sausage with it.

I never meause ingredients, but try this.

To about a pound of ground venison, add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and a little garlic. Mold into patties and grill.

Nothing fancy, but very tasty.

A lot of people like to mask the flavor of venison, but I like it, so nothing much in the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by sokoservices View Post
    Thanks just bought a 1hp grinder and I am excited to make some sausage with it.
    You must make better money than I do. ive got the 3/4 hp.

I shot 2 antelop this year, had all but the straps ground into burger. I decided to add pork fat instead of tallow, so I just ground 30# of pork shoulder with it. Havent tried it yet......... still tryin to eat all of last years deer and buff.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

lb to lb mix of pork and venison. we bought the mix from the butcher that makes our summer sausage, little spicy for me, but I think you can find pork sausage seasoning from most butcher shops, probably Cabela's, Gander Mtn, ect.
    You can't fix stupid

I haven't found a good butcher shop around me yet. There is a meat market down the way that sells fresh meats and makes their own sausage but i haven't talk to them to see if they would sell me the seasonings.