+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have alerton questions

Post Likes
    I contacted Alerton about pricing. Way out there for the school district right now. So I guess modems it is.
    Check out the VM software, very cool.

Post Likes

Anyone have manuals they could email

We're having problems at a school after a brownout, dropped a leg and had singlephasing power for several hours. After that one wing of classrooms with interior heaters has issues. New to this and we have no manuals. Figure that is the place to start before asking questions.

We have Alerton TX-SA-651 tux with Alerton MS-1010-K control

Would appreciate any manuals I could get, installation, programming, etc

Thanks,
    Jeff

Post Likes

ALerton

I am looking to replace the EBT and the BTI's with JCI Metasys. I have many DDC3, VAVSD and SDC3 controllers on the MS/TP lan. I was able to place a MS-VMA in the line with the Alerton devices and then connect them to the NAE on the MS/TP com line and make changes to the Alerton Device. I plan on using the JCI MS-ADS for my front end or a Tridium front end.

What my question is, I know there are several VLC's and VLCP's in the building. They are not listed on the MS/TP lan address chart. I believe they are on the Ethernet network. How do I get these brought into my front end and pass info to them.

When was the last time you worked with the EBT and Alerton?

Any help I would appreciate it. Can I contact you directly?

CJ

Post Likes
    Check to see if they are on different IP networks. If so they are probably using the BBMB table in the BTI or BCM to pass the BACnet packets back and forth, I do not know if Device Manager (I am guessing this is what you mean when you say MSTP address chart) picks up controllers on other IP networks. Send me an email in regards to a BACnet device scan program that is shareware. Just downloaded it the other night and haven't had a chance to use it. You can determine a couple of things with it including IP address of the controllers it discovers, vendor ID, network number and device instance, kinda like Device Manager in EBT only free and bare bones.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes

what is your personal email?

chrisj@dcsddc.com is mine. I am in CA. Can we talk?

Post Likes
    EBT will pick up any device as long as it is BACnet.
    If I would of killed my wife when I first met her, I'd be out of jail by now!

GET SOME!!

Post Likes
    very vague question.. we are looking at some mechanical work in a building that has alerton controls, late 90's.
    new building owner wants to add vav boxes.

question-will we need the original data base from the original installer (similar to care) who is now deceased and out of buisness or can i hire a contractor that can hang some new vav controllers and bring it into the system?

im sure this isn't enough info but its all i have.
    thanks
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    Is there a front end at the site? What version is the software? If so the db is there.

Short answer yes you can add more vav's, although there are some cavet's. Make sure not to duplicate any mac addresses. If there is a front end you need to check the size of the software key to make sure you are not exceeding the amount of devices the key will recognize

Are they the same type of vav? You might be able to use the bd4 files already in the job folder. If they are not the same and there is a front end , then you can look in the Alerton Standard folder and there should be nmore bd4 file you can use.

GET SOME!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleduece View Post
    Is there a front end at the site? What version is the software? If so the db is there.

Short answer yes you can add more vav's, although there are some cavet's. Make sure not to duplicate any mac addresses. If there is a front end you need to check the size of the software key to make sure you are not exceeding the amount of devices the key will recognize

Are they the same type of vav? You might be able to use the bd4 files already in the job folder. If they are not the same and there is a front end , then you can look in the Alerton Standard folder and there should be nmore bd4 file you can use.

the problem is we are not allowed to visit the site before we bid the mechanical so i have no idea what is in there. i wouldn't be doing the additional vav's myself. i will sub it to a alerton guy.
    thanks for the help.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes

installing Alerton VLC1600

Hi guys,

I just have job to maintenance building automation, they use Alerton's controller, such as VLC1600, trying to move unused VLC to another location , the system can't detected,
    I don't know anything about Alerton and want learn about
    They use Envision for BACTalk ver 1.30A
    Please guys give me tutorial step by step how to move to another location or installing a new device, as I know it's should be changing adddress
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Looking for IBEX software to communicate with APLC2 to complete integration to NAE. We can see all points through BCM-TUX but cannot make any changes to controller.

Post Likes

APLC

When you say IBEX, does this system have an APEX that changes the IBEX to Bacnet?
    Just courious, I don't have any systems that have upgraded, so not sure if we can help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tedntoledo View Post
    Looking for IBEX software to communicate with APLC2 to complete integration to NAE. We can see all points through BCM-TUX but cannot make any changes to controller.
    To make changes to an APLC2, you will need a copy of the TDS program and a 2650 cable. You will have to boot into DOS to use TDS.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by geMS Alertech View Post
    I'm running a EBT 2.01 client on Windows 7 and running Vislogic on Visio 2007. For some reason visio/vislogic cant see that EBT is running. Can't save a file as DDC or view live function data like I could on XP machine. Any thoughts?
    Just thought I'd update you all. I'm running EBT 2.5 on a client Workstation that is running Win 7 ultimate. I did manage to get full functionality of Visio and Vislogic to Save As DDC, View Live Function Data and Send DDC. I downloaded and installed FireDaemon, installed EBT as a service, ran it, started Visio/Vislogic from the drop down menu. I verified that it has full functionality. Then I was able to un-install EBT as a service and run it as a normal program, and was rewarded by having Visio still be fuly functional. Don't know if this will work for everyone. One co-worker had full functionality without having to do all this, so everyone's experience may be a little different.

Post Likes

TX-450

Hi,
    I have 4 Trane RTU's that are daisy chain with TX-450 Board's All have power. com light blinking so i know they are comunicating but 2 of these unit's i am getting NX in the graphic screen and can't resolve it i have went to all boards and have changed one at a time with a new board to no avail. so i went to make shur they all where addressed corectly and they are correct. Can't find anything about this NX from past exp it usually means no power or bad board but this has me scratching my head ? I'm running on IBEX 2.1B.

Post Likes

NX Alerton

From my notes,
    NX is not talking to the TUX.

1. you already know you have power

2. verify your trunk line voltage. Middle of the road should be 7.5 to 9.5 A little to high or low will drop a tux right now.

3. verify that your com line is not reversed.

4. you have the right address, but is it possible that another tux was added recently and has the same address by mistake? power down the controllers that are giving you greif and use your tux error screen to see if anything is talking.

good luck.

Post Likes
    i am looking for a schematic for a TX-SA-651 controller for an IBEX system. I am trying to hook up the belimo economizer actuators to the controller so that IBEX will have control of the economizers if anyone has any manuals, schematics, etc i would really appreciate it
    Do the right thing..... even when no one is looking

Post Likes

Unhappy Password access is restricted

We have problems in one of our other offices with the local Alerton rep. The customer is not happy with their performance and wants more access than there current password grants. The system does not perform properly and it appears that their password can only change setpoints. Is there a God password for Alerton or a back door that will allow us to gain more access to the system. The owner called Alerton direct for assistance and was given the cold shoulder. What are the options. Thanks.

Post Likes

Confused username localadministrator // Password = ??????

What is the username localadministrator default password and if it has been changed to something other than the default, is there a way to change it back?

Post Likes
    The password could be anything and is set the first time you launch ebt after installation. You would have to backup ebt, uninstall ebt and reinstall ebt(if you have a software disk). Launch ebt after reinstalling and use any password you want. If you dont have a software disk you are hosed. You could try using localadministrator as the password or the local reps company name.

What is not performing properly?

Alerton will only offer support through a dealer.

GET SOME!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in