+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have alerton questions

Post Likes

Alerton ABS3 Envision trendlogs

Just finished the installation of an Alerton system, Envision, ABS3.
    I am having a lot of troubles with trendlogs:

- when multiple trends are plot together, analog input point with binary input change of state point, the change of state point does some magic and shows wrong active/inactive state at any time. When you look at the table view on the multiple point trends, the state (active/inactive) of the binary value at a given time is different than the state you can see in the table view of the single trend of the binary value... seems to me the processing to fill the values between each change of state is just wrong.

- when multiple trends are plot together there is no way to have different scales on the same plot. No way you can plot CFM with fan speed then...

- try to install enhanced trendlogs but can't get to have it installed. I have ABS3 SP5.

Did anyone had similar issues and found any solution?

On another topic anyone worked with the energy dashboard? did you find it useful? what are you using it for, I am curious.

Thanks for you inputs..

Nicolas

Post Likes
    The trending is pretty crappy in envision. It linearly fills in between sample points, so something that samples infrequently can look weird. The x axis on the trend is also not time linear, its sample linear (based on the primary point if the trend). About all you can do make it remotely useful, is force the sample intervals to be fixed, regardless of value, and the same interval for every trend on the system.
    The other pain in the arse option is to pull the trendlog data into excel and build your graphs that way, but even that takes some masaging of the data to look right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    How do I clear a password from an old lsi-16 used as a router. Was from EBT 2.01 on a windows 2000 server. We upgraded to Envision 3.0 on windows 7. This was removed during the upgrade. Reading the manual, I read that you have to contact an Alerton Rep. to get the procedure. We use ATS and their tech. did not know how to do it. Tried using a DB-9 cable with a null modem and had no success communicating with it. Wanted to use it for a project that I am working on.

Post Likes
    Another way is to go to the EBT file. I access it by going to "my Computer" (C:\Alerton\Bactalk\Vislogic). double Click on the file "vislogic". This will activate the Visual logic interface for Visio.

Post Likes
    Alerton offers an online course (EBT100e) for operators. Was a very helpful course.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gjsmitty View Post
    How do I clear a password from an old lsi-16 used as a router. Was from EBT 2.01 on a windows 2000 server. We upgraded to Envision 3.0 on windows 7. This was removed during the upgrade. Reading the manual, I read that you have to contact an Alerton Rep. to get the procedure. We use ATS and their tech. did not know how to do it. Tried using a DB-9 cable with a null modem and had no success communicating with it. Wanted to use it for a project that I am working on.
    What are you trying to change?

Post Likes
    Want to use it to control another system. Boiler monitoring through autoflame! Part of a project.. can't access it though. Password prevents getting to the settings menu. So right now, it's a paperweight.

Post Likes
    Tried using hyper terminal ? Password shod be pass

Post Likes
    Looking for some helpful advice on tuning the loop on an old IBEX system. Not sure what the optimal settings for this might be, but at present, the controls seem to be asking for the second stage of cooling too soon and causing the system to do a slow oscillation. It would seem to me that the first stage should be fast to come on and the second stage slow to come on and fast to go off.

Any words of advice would be appreciated!

jw

Post Likes
    I need to replace a Alerton VAV-SD2A controller, which one is the high pressure port and which is the low pressure port as neither is identified on the controller.

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ralvare1 View Post
    I need to replace a Alerton VAV-SD2A controller, which one is the high pressure port and which is the low pressure port as neither is identified on the controller.
    Neither. It's not a DP sensor, it's a hot wire anemometer. (same technology that most balancer hoods use) It does not matter which port you plug the high or low into.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gjsmitty View Post
    Want to use it to control another system. Boiler monitoring through autoflame! Part of a project.. can't access it though. Password prevents getting to the settings menu. So right now, it's a paperweight.
    If it's talking to an Autoflame, it's likely not an LSI; it's probably an LSI-MODbus. Is the cover Blue? If so, it's an LSI Modbus. Default password was 'pass' and rarely changed.

Post Likes
    Thank you very much for your help.

Post Likes
    I am working on two sites which are running Bactalk for a Windows 1.x. (Yea I know ancient right?). The earliest version of Alerton's software I can find is envision for Bactalk 1.3. I restored these files from their current version through 1.3 to 2.6 to 3.0 to a Compass. The first thing I noticed is that many of the devices in device manager do NOT have an application associated with them (uh-oh). Am I doing something wrong here or is this simply the result of antiquated software...? Is there a way to get those applications into compass without looking at each controller in the old software? Is there anything else I should be aware of that I should watch out for during these upgrades?

Post Likes
    The application is still there you probably will have to go back to device manager and re sect for each device

Post Likes

Trending on IBEX

Running an almost obsolete version of Alerton. Envision for IBEX.
    Trying to do trending on airflow and static pressure. I am able to set up the trends, but the readings are not the display value in CFM or W/C. These are zone TUX points. When I bring up the AI command box on the point, I have a correct status in that dialogue box, but when I pull the trend log up the readings are not the same. Off by a multiplier of 10 to 14. (IE: Actual airflow CFM 10762 and trendlog displays 944.0) Is there a multiplier table that these points are writing to for graphical display and my trends are not using the multiplier? If so, how can I make the trendlog show the actual value? Thanks

Post Likes
    Do you have lead lag logic you would be willing to share?

Post Likes
    Hello,

i have envision for BaCtalk 1.1 and the program install on Windows 7, but when try to open, it says i need MDAC 2.5 or higher. but windows 7 already have MDAC

anyone know about this? dont say i need to upgrade lol

Post Likes
    Hi,
    I have an Alerton 2.0. The limit of trending points by the month is under 500. This older system will also not auto archive. Is there a command line action I can take to run the archive? If there are other command line directions, do you know where I could get a copy?
    Thanks,
    Zorcy

Post Likes
    Hi my question is...can someone please help me. I would like to purchase a v2.6 site key. The key is for personal use in my own house.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in