+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have alerton questions

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleduece View Post
    Email sent>>>>

ph33r , I hope you dont mind, I dont want to over step my boundries...
    Not at all, since I no longer work for Alerton I don't have the latests Docs and or Rocs. I can still write really good code though :-D

Post Likes
    I'm running a EBT 2.01 client on Windows 7 and running Vislogic on Visio 2007. For some reason visio/vislogic cant see that EBT is running. Can't save a file as DDC or view live function data like I could on XP machine. Any thoughts?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geMS Alertech View Post
    I'm running a EBT 2.01 client on Windows 7 and running Vislogic on Visio 2007. For some reason visio/vislogic cant see that EBT is running. Can't save a file as DDC or view live function data like I could on XP machine. Any thoughts?
    Are you sure EBT will work with Windows 7? I have not seen anything yet that says alerton will support it. One other thing to keep in mind. Visio has to be installed and working properly before you install EBT.

Post Likes

Alerton Info

You guys obviously know your Alerton Stuff. Wondering if I could get some info on a BCM-TUX. Looking to integrate existing field controllers to a Web system with Bacnet/IP. What do I need to configure one. Has anyone done it and how tedious is it. (self populating or manual mapping?)

Post Likes

Hmm Alerton Envision - default password

We have do service and maintenance on some sites where generally the admin password is well known. We can program (visio/bactalk etc), change graphics and so on without problems.

Occasionally another contractor will come to site in our absence and delete passwords...spite? stupidity? not sure....in any case we now have one site in particular that we have been effectively locked out of.

The local Alerton distributor is somewhat hostile to us since we keep appearing on "THEIR" jobs....so much for 'open' systems heh?

Can anybody tell me if there is an Envision default(backdoor) password?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    We have do service and maintenance on some sites where generally the admin password is well known. We can program (visio/bactalk etc), change graphics and so on without problems.

Occasionally another contractor will come to site in our absence and delete passwords...spite? stupidity? not sure....in any case we now have one site in particular that we have been effectively locked out of.

The local Alerton distributor is somewhat hostile to us since we keep appearing on "THEIR" jobs....so much for 'open' systems heh?

Can anybody tell me if there is an Envision default(backdoor) password?
    It depends on what version is running on the site. If it is before 2.0 every alerton contractor would give alerton their user that they wanted to use and alerton had a utility that generated a password off of that.

2.0 and later the localadministrator pass is setup at the time of install on the envision server.

So the short answer is, I do not know of a default user and pass for all alerton systems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davedmc View Post
    You guys obviously know your Alerton Stuff. Wondering if I could get some info on a BCM-TUX. Looking to integrate existing field controllers to a Web system with Bacnet/IP. What do I need to configure one. Has anyone done it and how tedious is it. (self populating or manual mapping?)
    I have done a few Ibex change over's, it not that bad. What is the jobs current state though.
    Is there an Apex controlling the Tux's?
    Is there BCM's already on site?
    How many tux's are there?

Alerton would like to phase out the tux's so depending on how many there are. And do you have access to the envision software?

Post Likes
    Lovely...sounds like we can be locked out.

...since when do the site software and passwords belong to anybody but the customer?

Post Likes
    PH i would really be interested in talking to you if you have a chance about some ibex issues i cant get resolved. Unfortunately our project manager outsourced this project to another local outfit years ago and they put this in and I just dont have the training to help out my customer and the local outfit is having a whale of a time as well.

If you get a chance to email me I would highly appreciate it !!!

alertons site says as of 2010 no more ibex so I am pressed

Thanks

Post Likes
    It depends on what version is running on the site. If it is before 2.0 every alerton contractor would give alerton their user that they wanted to use and alerton had a utility that generated a password off of that.

2.0 and later the localadministrator pass is setup at the time of install on the envision server.

So the short answer is, I do not know of a default user and pass for all alerton systemsIt depends on what version is running on the site. If it is before 2.0 every alerton contractor would give alerton their user that they wanted to use and alerton had a utility that generated a password off of that.

So the short answer is, I do not know of a default user and pass for all alerton systems
    Ditto That!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    Post them here and I will answer them I have been programming IBEX and BACtalk for a while.

ph33r

Is the only way to access Alertons BacTalk control systems is through there proprietary software?

Thanks, Chet
    Life is too short not to enjoy life to the fullest - Don't be bogged down dealing with difficult people -who try to inflict their problems in life onto you or other good people...

"Instead return the mutual respect to the good people who respect you - Forget about the one's who won't" .....what Chet lives by.....

Post Likes
    Chet,

I have been successful in accessing Alerton BACtalk systems with both Automated Logic Corporation's WebCTRL and Delta Control's ORCAview. We had a facility with 5 AHU, 2 Boilers, 2 Chillers and 120 VAV that were all Alerton controlled. These were integrated into the campus wide WebCTRL system by the prior contractor and all the BACnet objects were viewable and editable from the WebCTRL front end. The latest version of WebCTRL can create certain objects in Alerton global controllers and even configure them to trend, alarm, schedule etc.

Using ORCAview on my test bench I have been able to do some neat thing with a BTI-100 in regards to trending, scheduling and alarming. One thing to remember is that Alerton uses generic AO0,AO1,AO2 etc. for their object names. The description will tell you what the point is a lot of the times. ORCAview has a new function that allows you to automatically load the description into Navigator (if there are large amounts of data in the description your network will slow down).

The only way to change actual sequence code is by using Visual Logic (proprietary Alerton software that works with Visio) to program the controllers. But with schedules you can do some basic control.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes

back door numbers

I am looking through my stuff as I used to work for an Alerton Dealer. The numbers / code ring a bell for me.
    6984042c. I remember this being refered to as the back door. But never had to use it.

Post Likes

Has anyone found an Alerton alternate to using phone modems?

I have an account that has 4 schools with Envision for Ibex. They have APEX's as the head controller. They would like to get away from the phone modems. They do not want to upgrade to BACnet with the APEX's just to get ethernet conectivity. Has anyone had sucess connecting into an APEX with a Ethernet to RS232 converter?

Post Likes
    Alerton makes a device called the Ethernet Adapter that will connect apexes to a ethernet network. Here's your next problem - each school has separate databases and would require a dedicated server workstation PC for each school - 4 total. You would have to combine the databases if you only wanted to use 1 server PC.

Post Likes

Should have posted here first time

Need docs for Alerton BTI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any tech docs for an Alerton BTI?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Right now they just dial into a school when needed for scheduling or viewing a zone or if a trouble call comes in. Could this device be used on a need basis?

Is there something that perhaps is available from B&B electronics? That someone has tried?

Post Likes
    Hi Alerguy,
    I am looking at this device on the Alerton web page. If all of the schools now are set up individually but we put this device in and change the schools to campus mode then reinstall the sofware, are there directions to bringing all the schools together on one server that you have access to?

Am I headed in the right direction?

Post Likes
    instead of 4 servers, what about using one pc running VMWARE.com with each version of VM having a different school on it.

your thoughts? I know this works for having different versions of JC CCT software.

Post Likes
    Sorry I don't have any experience with virtual machines - remember that the software key only supports 1 server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in