+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have alerton questions

Post Likes

Exclamation If you have alerton questions

Post them here and I will answer them I have been programming IBEX and BACtalk for a while.

2. Likes LoloPete, smartcontrols liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Having to change graphics for a new controller and chaging user privs and passwords but getting an error stating "Sharing Violation" and "DB Error"

Bactalk 2.3 front end with Alerton BTI's and Alerton devices in two buildings, Delta Controls devices in another building with one FEC, Delta Controls devices in another building.

The graphics need to be changed for the one device were a delta DAC was taken out and FEC installed.

Do not have any manuals except the two boardsmoker sent me recently.

LTBT-TM-PRGRMR and
    now I can not find the other
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Having to change graphics for a new controller and chaging user privs and passwords but getting an error stating "Sharing Violation" and "DB Error"

Bactalk 2.3 front end with Alerton BTI's and Alerton devices in two buildings, Delta Controls devices in another building with one FEC, Delta Controls devices in another building.

The graphics need to be changed for the one device were a delta DAC was taken out and FEC installed.

Do not have any manuals except the two boardsmoker sent me recently.

LTBT-TM-PRGRMR and
    now I can not find the other
    What exactly is your question? From what I understand it sounds like you have three controls systems in there one being Alerton, Delta, and JCI FEC series. All of which are being mapped to an Alerton server. You need to create graphics for the controllers I am assuming a display and not a device template. And you need to create some new user profiles. As far as 2.3 I left Alerton when they were releasing 2.1 so I will have to do some digging on that one.

Why did you use the BTI and not a fieldserver it is much easier to integrate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    What exactly is your question? From what I understand it sounds like you have three controls systems in there one being Alerton, Delta, and JCI FEC series. All of which are being mapped to an Alerton server. You need to create graphics for the controllers I am assuming a display and not a device template. And you need to create some new user profiles. As far as 2.3 I left Alerton when they were releasing 2.1 so I will have to do some digging on that one.

Why did you use the BTI and not a fieldserver it is much easier to integrate.
    I did not have anything to do with the job when Berg did the installs, the guys involved quit when JCI came in and I was handed the customers and expected to service them. I am comfortable with Delta and JCI but have NO experience. with Alerton.

When I try to create users and it come time to "STORE" them it throws the 'DB Error' and 'Sharing violation' when I try to redefine the points in the graphics.
    Aren't the graphics files themselves stored on the computer were the front end is?

""I am assuming a display and not a device template"" I don't understand that one. Are you refering to a type of display st the device or to something in the graphics?

Come to think about it one of the BTI's were replaced with a NAE when it failed.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Well if you go and log in as the localadministrator with the password or the rep and password you will be able to go and create users. The error you post sounds like a corrupt user log you can do a couple things.
    Prereq.
    1) Make sure you are on the server not a client.
    2) Make sure you are writing to the right rep/job.

1) Reinstall EBT you could have a corrupted version
    2) Try a different user name I assume you create the name select the features and then click save and you get the error?
    3) As far as the graphics you should just be able to create a new display then reference the BACnet point under a read only or command able point. It would be much easier to know where you are if you could show me a screen shot of the exact time when you get the error. Especially in the display generation part. I've never heard of a sharing error in display generation.

Post Likes
    I think if the password file is checked as read only, you will get a sharing violation error. I had this happen to me on an IBEX system and unchecking the read only attribute fixed the issue. I also had this happen to me with display files.

Post Likes
    That should be external of the program not internal though. Plus as of 2.x if I remember right all the password files get stored in the visual basic modules instead of the log file they were in with 1.3

Post Likes
    That should be external of the program not internal though. Plus as of 2.x if I remember right all the password files get stored in the visual basic modules instead of the log file they were in with 1.3
    OK So is the visual basic modules stored on the server or a device.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Let me ask the same question in a way that makes more sense to me.
    The files for the BacTalk sever are stored on the computer the server is located on or in a particular device the server communicates with?
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Well if you go and log in as the localadministrator with the password or the rep and password you will be able to go and create users. The error you post sounds like a corrupt user log you can do a couple things.
    Prereq.
    1) Make sure you are on the server not a client.
    2) Make sure you are writing to the right rep/job.

1) Reinstall EBT you could have a corrupted version
    2) Try a different user name I assume you create the name select the features and then click save and you get the error?
    3) As far as the graphics you should just be able to create a new display then reference the BACnet point under a read only or command able point. It would be much easier to know where you are if you could show me a screen shot of the exact time when you get the error. Especially in the display generation part. I've never heard of a sharing error in display generation.
    What is EBT?

The only name that has priv to change users priv is the rep. I did try to change privs of other users also and got the same error. I did try to create a new user with all privs and it did not work, same error.

I will try to create a new graphic and assign points to it and see what happens.
    When I make this new graphic can I copy one of the others and reassign the point or do I need to create it from scratch?
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    All the server level stuff is located on the server. If you have a webtalk that you are logging into then you need to make the changes at the server and then refresh the webtalk.

The files for the BacTalk sever are stored on the computer the server is located on or in a particular device the server communicates with?

The server is the computer that main software is installed on typically this is device 0 or 1 in the device manager. You can tell if the computer is the server by its device instance.

What is EBT?

The only name that has priv to change users priv is the rep. I did try to change privs of other users also and got the same error. I did try to create a new user with all privs and it did not work, same error.

I will try to create a new graphic and assign points to it and see what happens.
    When I make this new graphic can I copy one of the others and reassign the point or do I need to create it from scratch?

EBT Is envision for BACtalk EFI Envision for Ibex.

You should be able to login via username localadministrator and whatever the localadministrator password is. My advice is if you can't get a rep or admin level login to unistall EBT and reinstall EBT that is the only way to setup the Localadministrator password. WIth that password you can do everything a rep can do.

You can make device templates which are displays for duplicate devices and then assign them the specific device instance. Also you can cntrl+shift+c and cntrl+shift+v to copy and paste displays.

Post Likes
    I have a Bactalk server 2.01 in a school district.
    What is the best way to email out BCM comm failures?
    I went into device manager and clicked the comm failure
    box but when it comes up, it only shows the device number
    as a failure, is there a way I can put a description in there?
    Is there another way?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechinc View Post
    I have a Bactalk server 2.01 in a school district.
    What is the best way to email out BCM comm failures?
    I went into device manager and clicked the comm failure
    box but when it comes up, it only shows the device number
    as a failure, is there a way I can put a description in there?
    Is there another way?
    First off to save yourself a ton of headaches get the 2.1 version if you can that way you can authenticate with your mail server. (If you don't have that issue then don't worry about it)

It should e-mail out the descriptor field along with the device number just the same as it would any other device alarm for example

Dev Id 63 AHU-4 Low Temp
    Being
    Dev ID---Dev Discp.----Alarm Discp. is the usual format.

Also with 2.1 if I remember right you can do SNMP trapping.

Post Likes
    Additionally I liked to do communication failure alarms in global code. I left when 2.1 was released but I do know it allows allot more options as far as alarming and trapping.

Post Likes
    All the server level stuff is located on the server. If you have a webtalk that you are logging into then you need to make the changes at the server and then refresh the webtalk.

The server is the computer that main software is installed on typically this is device 0 or 1 in the device manager. You can tell if the computer is the server by its device instance.

What is EBT?

EBT Is envision for BACtalk EFI Envision for Ibex.

You should be able to login via username localadministrator and whatever the localadministrator password is. My advice is if you can't get a rep or admin level login to unistall EBT and reinstall EBT that is the only way to setup the Localadministrator password. WIth that password you can do everything a rep can do.

You can make device templates which are displays for duplicate devices and then assign them the specific device instance. Also you can cntrl+shift+c and cntrl+shift+v to copy and paste displays.

Thank you
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    First off to save yourself a ton of headaches get the 2.1 version if you can that way you can authenticate with your mail server. (If you don't have that issue then don't worry about it)

It should e-mail out the descriptor field along with the device number just the same as it would any other device alarm for example

Dev Id 63 AHU-4 Low Temp
    Being
    Dev ID---Dev Discp.----Alarm Discp. is the usual format.

Also with 2.1 if I remember right you can do SNMP trapping.
    This is the problem, it doesn't. Only the BCM device number that is offline--no description.

Post Likes
    If you are trying to figure an offline VLC I would right heartbeat code into your BCM for example BV-100 being Dev 101 BV-101 Dev 102 ect. and then log alarms off your BV's.

You would do it this way.

Use the Commfail flag logic block and then read all devices through either multiple blocks or subroutine. I will generate a mock file and screen shot it here later this week when work slows down.

Post Likes
    If you are trying to figure an offline VLC I would right heartbeat code into your BCM for example BV-100 being Dev 101 BV-101 Dev 102 ect. and then log alarms off your BV's.

You would do it this way.

Use the Commfail flag logic block and then read all devices through either multiple blocks or subroutine. I will generate a mock file and screen shot it here later this week when work slows down.
    I looked at this too...but the commfail is for current device
    so if that BCM is offline, how could it send a flag?

I tried to write logic in visiologic to monitor bldg"A" BCM from bldg "B".
    That way if bldg"A" loses power then bldg "B" will then execute
    the commfail flag. In logic the commfail flag only works for current device.
    There is another flag called aler-dev-comm-fail but this is different
    then the commfail flag, correct?
    I tried to do a transfer with instance 11101 aler-dev-comm-fail
    transfered to BV60 of the BCM at bldg "B"
    Mapped out BV and set it for emailing alarm.
    Does this sound right?

Post Likes
    Just do heartbeat code its much easier then messing with comm fails and then poll the heartbeat from the other BCM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechinc View Post
    I looked at this too...but the commfail is for current device
    so if that BCM is offline, how could it send a flag?

I tried to write logic in visiologic to monitor bldg"A" BCM from bldg "B".
    That way if bldg"A" loses power then bldg "B" will then execute
    the commfail flag. In logic the commfail flag only works for current device.
    There is another flag called aler-dev-comm-fail but this is different
    then the commfail flag, correct?
    I tried to do a transfer with instance 11101 aler-dev-comm-fail
    transfered to BV60 of the BCM at bldg "B"
    Mapped out BV and set it for emailing alarm.
    Does this sound right?
    Bear with me its been along time since I wrote this code so I think I remember it right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in