If you have alerton questions - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks DDC_Dan, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    Post them here and I will answer them I have been programming IBEX and BACtalk for a while.
    I'm in a quandary... I've wrote many Alerton programs in VisualLogic, but it's been some time ago. I'm afflicted w/Alzheimer's and can't remember what I did w/my programming manual. I'm finally (after several years) in the process of putting a small control system in my home. I have a rather complicated system that utilizes a wood-fired boiler, a high-efficiency condensing gas boiler (Locinvar Knight), and a Comfort Master heat pump; all self-installed. I want to automate this system as much as possible, so my wife can operate the heating/cooling system w/o getting confused. I have the program written (VisualLogic), but am getting errors during self-check. I've forgotten the BR rules for branch connections, and apparently this is the problem. Can you help with possibly supplying access to a programming manual? The new system control will operate the mechanical room, plus two air handlers and some convection heating (hydronic baseboard). The heat pump will provide cooling to one of the air handlers (just installed). The new air handler will also help unload the heat pump during heat cycle.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ron
    Since 1943

Smile old IBEX on new machine

[QUOTE=DDC_Dan;15460711]I have some legacy software (not Ibex) that uses a par port dongle. I run Win98 in a virtual machine using VMWare on my XP laptop and it works fine, recognizes the par. port too.

The VMWare thing worked, on a Windows 7 machine. Thanks, DDC_Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by cdpixton View Post
    The VMWare thing worked, on a Windows 7 machine. Thanks, DDC_Dan!
    Neat! Glad it worked.

We have just replaced an Apex at one of our sites and we are getting a "clock error". I am not at the site and in another state. We know the Apex was working when it was pulled from a different site. We are using 2 wire RS485. I'm trying to figure out what it means. Any ideas?

I don't remember exactly, I don't think I've ever actually gotten this error.. but here's a guess:
    - Is the Apex addressed as Apex 1? There must be an Apex one, the entire system looks for Apex one for the clock.
    - Is the battery good, and the battery tab removed? If not, the slightest power bump will change the clock.

Don't you just look at alarm history?

Envision for Backtalk
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Conversion from Ibex to Envision

Hi there.

I am a noob in the controls business, and HVAC in general. We have a bunch of schools running on Ibex connected to modems. I was looking into upgrading and getting them LAN access. I am confused to the difference between Envison for Bactalk and Envision for Ibex. I know this is a really generic question but what would be the best option? My boss is concerned with the work that would go into making the switch as she uses excel macros to do the programming. I found this:

http://www.ddctoolbox.com/Docs/Ibex_...on_Utility.pdf

which apparently would aide in the process of converting. We have about 35 buildings on Ibex. The only benefit I suppose would be the speed at which we connect so if converting is going to be a major headache, it wouldnt be worth it.

Any advice?
    Thanks

hi!
    i understand that only the new bcm's suport nat. for vlx which doesn't support nat and is behind a nat firewall and no server locally, can i still do remote login? if so, can you give a rough idea of the setup required? thanks in advance.

Ibex are the controllers. They are very old and according to Alerton no longer supported. You will have a herd time finding replacements if you can find them at all. They are not bacnet. Envision for Backtalk is the program for the newer controllers called VLC's. These are bacnet controllers. EBT has a backtalk builder program the is useful for programming a new job.
    ckartson

EBT 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 are all working no problem on windows 7. 3.0 uses software verification through Alerton. no more key.
    ckartson

Try running as administrator.
    ckartson

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast