Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    can I have multi server (server and not clients!) in:
    1. same network
    2. across networks

asking this coz i want to login to a alerton system running ebt2.1. hopefully i can log in as server. must the bbmd setup be changed coz of this. I believe there is a setup for a roaming pc for logging in for this purpose oledy but not sure. need to verify. asking this before i try changing setup in my pc to duplicate what i think is the roaming pc setup to login.

sorry, bbmd doesn't hv info about the pc ...

nor does the bbmd need info about the pc i guess...

I cannot add companion trends to my trend view despite the fact that "All Privliges" is checked. What gives?

jupiterj, are you trying to add them in the table view? You should be able to right click at the top heading in the table view and add them.

Yeah, apparently, on this version or system in particular, you have to make sure you select "In order by timestamp" or the "Add companion" trends dialogue will be grayed out. "In order recorded" will not let you. Is there a way to set the default to "In order by timestamp?" Also, is there a way to setup companion trendlogs that are immediately viewable with one click?

Thanks!

~T

I think my biggest question about EBT is this, which I asked myself, and continue to be asked by every operator how comes across the system:
    "How can I see a summary of all current alarms on the system". This has been a constant gripe from the first time i sat down with this system, and it seems ridiculous to my that it's not easy. The 2+ hour 'scan every device for current alarms' is not an answer.

Hello gents,

I got a few questions. I'm interfacing to an Alerton system and hitting some road blocks. First when I discover (using ALC) all I'm seeing is the BCM-ETH router and 1000 points that are in it, but none of the controllers under it. So when I put my JACE on the MS/TP side, I'm able to see the controllers and points but there are very few points I can write to.

I have read through the guide and these are the points that should be able to be written to. I have attached some screen shots of one of the controllers that I brought the points into my JACE and most are read only that should be read/write. Is there any way to make them read/write using EBT-front end? Thanks for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Hello, I have IBEX for Windows v5.2, build 006, running on Windows 98. Can I run this on Windows XP? I'm told the software wants to be on an 8-bit system. I got it to run on XP but won't recognize the software dongle (on the parallel port), so it won't work. Thanks for any help.

Clayton

xarralu,
    The BCM-ETH and the MS/TP controllers have different network numbers. Make sure you are scanning all networks when do the discover and that your jace network number is different.

As for the writable points, all AVs and BVs can be written to in Alerton. When you discover and add AVs/BVs you have to choose whether or not its a writable point (numeric or numeric writable, boolean or boolean writable). To know what points are being used as writable points you'll have to go through the Alerton program. Unfortunately when you discover an Alerton controller in AX it gives you every possible point that could be used. This is why you got 1000 for the BCM, but I guarantee most of them aren't even being used.

Thanks for the reply PlatinumRH. Yea, I noticed that the ETH had a totally different network number, that's why I ended up scanning on the MS/TP side of the ETH. I have to use my JACE because the LGR won't discover on MS/TP. My main problem is that through my ALC router (LGR), I'm not able to write to any of the points even at priority 1.

Confused IBEX 5.2 on new computer

Quote Originally Posted by cdpixton View Post
    Hello, I have IBEX for Windows v5.2, build 006, running on Windows 98. Can I run this on Windows XP? I'm told the software wants to be on an 8-bit system. I got it to run on XP but won't recognize the software dongle (on the parallel port), so it won't work. Thanks for any help.

Clayton
    Please, anyone have any ideas? If I can't run it on XP I'm told I'll have to have all the programming re-done for the XP-compatible software. Thanks in advance! My Win98SE machine has either faulty MB or bad memory...

Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by cdpixton View Post
    Please, anyone have any ideas? If I can't run it on XP I'm told I'll have to have all the programming re-done for the XP-compatible software. Thanks in advance! My Win98SE machine has either faulty MB or bad memory...

Clayton
    I have some legacy software (not Ibex) that uses a par port dongle. I run Win98 in a virtual machine using VMWare on my XP laptop and it works fine, recognizes the par. port too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast