Post Likes

Hyperlink does not work on Webstart

Hey guys, I have a customer who uses webstart and one of the hyperlinks does not work. It works while in workbench but not on the webstart that the customer uses, any ideas?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB343 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a customer who uses webstart and one of the hyperlinks does not work. It works while in workbench but not on the webstart that the customer uses, any ideas?
    Do you have any additional info as to what the hyperlink is? Is it a local (something within the station) or external (something out to the web) hyperlink? Is it relativized or does it use the full ord?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyTanner View Post
    Do you have any additional info as to what the hyperlink is? Is it a local (something within the station) or external (something out to the web) hyperlink? Is it relativized or does it use the full ord?
    We are using an FX70 as the server, I have a graphics page for the chiller, then within that page I have a button that is supposed to take you to a list of points from the Daikin chiller itself that I do not use for the graphics, it's just all the possible points Daikin sends out on bacNet to view. I tested it and it is not just the chiller I'm having issues with, I made a test button to bring up points for other devices that are on the system. They all work when in workbench but not when using the webstart. Not sure if this would be a problem, I wouldn't think it would be since everything else is working properly, but we teamviewer into a server computer that has workbench 6.3 where everything works properly and the computer that has the webstart has workbench 5.2 loaded. Both computers are fully licensed, have up to date certificates, and have all the necessary modules loaded on them.

Post Likes
    We are using an FX70 as the server, I have a graphics page for the chiller, then within that page I have a button that is supposed to take you to a list of points from the Daikin chiller itself that I do not use for the graphics, it's just all the possible points Daikin sends out on bacNet to view. I tested it and it is not just the chiller I'm having issues with, I made a test button to bring up points for other devices that are on the system. They all work when in workbench but not when using the webstart. Not sure if this would be a problem, I wouldn't think it would be since everything else is working properly, but we teamviewer into a server computer that has workbench 6.3 where everything works properly and the computer that has the webstart has workbench 5.2 loaded. Both computers are fully licensed, have up to date certificates, and have all the necessary modules loaded on them.
    It sounds Ike the link is going to something that is a "Workbench view" and it is not a px page. I'm not sure that webstart is able to render anything that isn't a px page.

Post Likes
    It views a vav summary page which is very similar to what I'm trying to get with the chiller points page. I tried to make something similar in the report services for the chiller points but was unable to figure it out.

Post Likes
    Your link can easily cause this. Since we need to be psychic to figure out your ord, you need to be psychic to read our minds for the answer.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Your link can easily cause this. Since we need to be psychic to figure out your ord, you need to be psychic to read our minds for the answer.
    Is that really necessary? I have a problem thst I'm trying to get fixed and you have to chime in with nonsense?

There is not an ord, it's a hyperlink to a points list.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyTanner View Post
    Do you have any additional info as to what the hyperlink is? Is it relativized or does it use the full ord?
    Perhaps if you just post the link your using, you would have an answer. Posting I have "a problem" what's "the answer" and let everyone guess for days seems rather silly.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    BobbyB343,
    These are the thing that are a bit confusing :
    1. You make reference to "an FX70 as a server" and then state that you have " a server computer that has workbench 6.3".
    2. You also mention that "the computer that has webstart has workbench 5.2 (5.2 does not support webstart as far as i know).

We need you to help us help you.

Best guess right now is that the "hyperlink" you are referring to needs to have the ord point to station:slot/Device network/BACnet network/BACnet device/points and the "view" set to BACnet Point manager.

The devil is in the details. The more details you can provide the better we can assist you with this issue.

Good Luck.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    Post a screen shot of the link details, including type, the path and the error message. Also open the java console when connecting with web start and post a screen shot of the message that appears there when the hyperlink is used. How was the VAV summary page created? Plus post more info for whatever the hyperlink is referencing, is it a report page, just a px page with a list of bound labels or how ever you are populating the target of the hyperlink with the points.