Old Distech Integration

Hi,

We are currently expanding a Distech Project which is approximately 12 years old.

The project consists of a Lonwatcher 2.3 front end PC which is connected to approximately 30 controllers of varying types (i.e. EC-4A, EC-8C, EC-1b & EC12C) via PCTLA card. The majority of these controllers are Hardware version 6.

Can anyone answer these questions for me:

1 Can Distech controllers of hardware version 6 be upgraded to be Freely Programmable (i.e. so that they use the Freely Programmable LNS Plugin)?

2 Is there a web solution (i.e. web server) we can implement with the Lonwatcher 2.3 Front End software to make the system visible via an IP network?

3 Is there a way of displaying / serving up the proprietary distech points available in programming tools (inputs, outputs, variables etc)? As they don't seem to be available as SNVTs and the user configurable SNVTs are all currently used for inter controller communication.

Cheers,
    Pete.

1. Negative
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

If you're stuck on keeping the original controllers, you could install Tridium JACE for front end. If you update your LonWatcher to 3.x and are willing to make NO changes to your LNS database then you could conceivably use AX to "discover" existing nodes and still use LW to edit programs in controllers. Not the most elegant solution, but with a little effort it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeLON View Post
    If you're stuck on keeping the original controllers, you could install Tridium JACE for front end. .

I believe that the line-by-line controllers can also be programmed in-situ via tridium workbench using the Distech jar files ..

...used to this way unless its changed.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

A couple of thoughts and suggestions.

1 Can Distech controllers of hardware version 6 be upgraded to be Freely Programmable (i.e. so that they use the Freely Programmable LNS Plugin)?
    Probably not but if the devices are working then why bother? If you did upgrade you would have to re-write the code so if you are going to that extent then just replace the controller otherwise just use the line by line.

2 Is there a web solution (i.e. web server) we can implement with the Lonwatcher 2.3 Front End software to make the system visible via an IP network?
    Two suggestions.
    Circon has a Web Version of their Visual Integrator. Basically you would replace Lonwatcher b ut as long as you have a copy of the LNS database it should be a very simple migration.
    http://www.circon.com/wp-content/upl...sheet-r2.2.pdf
    You could also look at a Loyetc LINX Server (Linx100, LINX101, LINX120, LINX121)
    http://loytec.com/products/linx

3 Is there a way of displaying / serving up the proprietary distech points available in programming tools (inputs, outputs, variables etc)? As they don't seem to be available as SNVTs and the user configurable SNVTs are all currently used for inter controller communication.

Both the Circon and Loytec Solution can read and write to the internal distech points.

Reach out to either of these companies, good people to work with.
    I'm currently using both products on different sites.
    I believe you will find these to both be very economical solutions.