Post Likes

Confused Fx-PCG Bacnet to N2

Hi so everyone bear with me I'm really green to the controls world but I need help on integrating a Fx-Pcg bacnet controller to N2 on a FX60 jace. I created the prn file and i tried saving it in the resource file but it won't let me save it i get this code

javax.baja.workbench.CannotSaveException: Cannot save property "Resource File Info".
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertyEntry.sav e(BPropertyEntry.java:395)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertyEntry.sav e(BPropertyEntry.java:400)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BFieldEditorSheet. doSaveValue(BFieldEditorSheet.java:127)
    at javax.baja.workbench.BWbEditor.saveValue(BWbEditor .java:320)
    at javax.baja.workbench.BWbEditor.saveValue(BWbEditor .java:352)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertySheet.doS aveValue(BPropertySheet.java:101)
    at javax.baja.workbench.BWbEditor.saveValue(BWbEditor .java:361)
    at com.tridium.workbench.shell.BNiagaraWbShell.save(B NiagaraWbShell.java:567)
    at com.tridium.workbench.shell.WbCommands$SaveCommand .doInvoke(WbCommands.java:1203)
    at javax.baja.ui.Command.doInvoke(Command.java:313)
    at javax.baja.ui.Command.invoke(Command.java:283)
    at javax.baja.ui.BButton.doInvokeAction(BButton.java: 149)
    at javax.baja.ui.BAbstractButton.mouseReleased(BAbstr actButton.java:556)
    at javax.baja.ui.BWidget.fireMouseEvent(BWidget.java: 1237)
    at com.tridium.ui.awt.MouseManager.fire(MouseManager. java:305)
    at com.tridium.ui.awt.MouseManager.fire(MouseManager. java:279)
    at com.tridium.ui.awt.MouseManager.released(MouseMana ger.java:115)
    at com.tridium.ui.awt.MouseManager.process(MouseManag er.java:88)
    com.tridium.fox.session.ServerException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing property graphicsType
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.LocalizableExceptionTranslator .messageToException(LocalizableExceptionTranslator .java:95)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.syncToMa ster(BBrokerChannel.java:1761)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BFoxComponentSpace$Auto CommitSyncBuffer.add(BFoxComponentSpace.java:413)
    at javax.baja.sync.SyncBuffer.set(SyncBuffer.java:350 )
    at javax.baja.sync.TrapToSyncBuffer.set(TrapToSyncBuf fer.java:60)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComplexSlotMap.setSpace(Com plexSlotMap.java:1368)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComplexSlotMap.setString(Co mplexSlotMap.java:1291)
    at javax.baja.sys.BComplex.setString(BComplex.java:66 8)
    at com.jci.jciFxDriver.BResourceFileInformation.setGr aphicsType(BResourceFileInformation.java:249)
    at com.jci.jciFxDriver.ui.BResourceFileInformationFE. doSaveValue(BResourceFileInformationFE.java:688)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BAtomicEntry.doSav e(BAtomicEntry.java:202)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertyEntry.sav e(BPropertyEntry.java:382)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertyEntry.sav e(BPropertyEntry.java:400)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BFieldEditorSheet. doSaveValue(BFieldEditorSheet.java:127)
    at javax.baja.workbench.BWbEditor.saveValue(BWbEditor .java:352)
    at com.tridium.workbench.propsheet.BPropertySheet.doS aveValue(BPropertySheet.java:101)

Can someone guide me in the right direction???? Maybe get a manual???

Have a 1 year of experience so I'm really a nubie

Set COM1 to COM2 that let me discover the device.
    Currently trying to add the points now but my prn file doesn't seem to work i get this in the parse status " Error Reading PRN file Method Name: verifyConfigFile " Help?

Post Likes
    Use the CAF file. I did the same thing using the PRN file the first time. I was able to get the import to work with the PRN by editing the controller type in the file, but I learned later the CAF is the file to import. (Even though it is N2).

Post Likes
    Thanks I did that and it works like a champ. Is there a way I can auto discover all the points rather than typing them in manually?

Post Likes
    Try using the Jci N2 Import Manager.
    UA LU 562

5. Likes ControlsPAC liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I'm having issues integrating to a PCG converted to N2 and was wondering if anyone ran into the same problem as me. I have a lot of experience with both BACnet and N2. The PCG controller downloaded fine and converted to N2. I imported the caf file into the JCI import manager (no problems so far). When I go to the "point details manager" in FX Workbench 6.2 about 80% of the points show up. The rest are in fault. The points that are in fault are mostly Binary Inputs that start at Binary Input 13 up to 22. Everything matches up with the .prn file I made. Is there an issue with having more than 12 binary inputs mapped in?

Post Likes
    Igotworms,
    How did you define the device on the N2 network ? As a VND ?

I usually create the PRN file (after assigning the respective points) and remove the "FX-" from the device type. As long as it's defined as a VND device that has always worked. If you define as an AHU there is a limit on how many point types will be allowed.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    Yes it is defined as a VND device

Post Likes
    Igotworms,
    Ok, I have to ask. Since you have 1 or more PCX's on the PCG, are the points reading at the PCG ?

I ask only because I had 2 PCX's on a PCG with the same SAB address (someone else installed them) and it took me a while to find the problem (duplicate SAB Address).
    Had a similar problem where the SAB wiring was wrong and all the points on the PCX were in fault. Again, installed by someone else.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    Cagey,

Yes all of the points work in PCT. Another member of the HVAC Navigator website sent me a document that explains restrictions when converting BACnet to N2. The following is from that document.

Solution:
    As a workaround, create internal points for the Analog Input to write to, and map those objects.
    There is conflicting information in our literature regarding what the limits are for FEC Family devices used to replace N2 controllers.
    Per N2 Integration with the NAE Technical Bulletin LIT-1201683, page 33, Table 6, if the controller is mapped as VND device, the limits are:
    VMA:*8 AIs, 8 BIs, 8 AOs, 8 BOs
    FEC:*12 AIs, 12 BIs, 10 AOs, 15 BOs
    FAC:*50 AIs, 50 BIs, 50 AOs, 50 BOs*
    Per the N2 Modernization Guide, LIT-12012005, in the section N2 Supervisor Configuration for each controller type, there is a line that states "For replacements that switch to VND Device Type, point mapping is "unrestricted."*This is incorrect.*The limits documented in the NAE Technical Bulletin are correct.
    NOTE: If you change the target controller in the CAF, you need to click the 'remove' button and re-add the N2 points in the N2 mapping tab to insure the correct limits are enforced.

If a PCG/FEC controller is defined as a VND there is a limit even though the literature says there isn't. It looks like I will have to replace the PCG controller with a PCA. I hate N2 and DX9100's. Please do not make the same mistake as me.

Post Likes
    I ran into those limits last year when I replace a DX9100 and added a bunch of new points. PCG2611 had Faults over address 12. I just exposed the points where they connected in the PCT configuration and they came in as ADF I think. Lost a bunch of time trying to find the faults, but I had to get the job done, so I just did the mapping another way and never found out why it did not work. Nice to know the answer was not my fault, just some of those undocumented "features" JCI likes to include in their product.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billcontrols View Post
    just some of those undocumented "features" JCI likes to include in their product.
    We prefer to call them "Enhancements"

Post Likes
    These limitations can be overcome using AD and BD points, but require a little work with logic, wiring and adding virtual points, which will be mapped in table N2 the ADs and BDs,

Best regars

Post Likes
    You make it sound difficult. The points I needed were all inputs. They were connected to logic modules in the controller. All I had to do was click the expose to bacnet property in the details view where the input was connected to the logic module. I just made sure I left them as points (not writeable points) in the FX supervisor when I mapped them.

Pretty easy work around as work arounds go. I spent a lot more time trying to make the mapping to the input work than I spent on the work around.