Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Automated Logic comm cable

I am looking for a direct connect cable to connect to an Automated Logic SE6104 controller. The controller has an 8-pin CMnet access port. I believe the mfg. part number is 235125. Please respond if you have one for sale.

Post Likes
    There not cheap try Carrier.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    If it is really CMnet we are talking about you could do a generic 485 adapter to the CMnet port I do believe.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Post Likes
    Or you could buy it directly from the manufacturer and wire it directly to the RNET terminals.

http://www.silabs.com/products/inter...s/default.aspx

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Or you could buy it directly from the manufacturer and wire it directly to the RNET terminals.

http://www.silabs.com/products/inter...s/default.aspx

kontrol out
    I think the SE6104 is still access port...the SE6104a is RNET...

Post Likes
    Per the technical instructions it uses the RNET connection. I don't have one in front of me but see the attached image.

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Per the technical instructions it uses the RNET connection. I don't have one in front of me but see the attached image.

kontrol out
    You're right...

I still get the S6104, SE6104, and the SE6104a all mixed up. Thanks man.

Post Likes
    You could probably use any USB/Serial to RS485 converter. The ALC cable that connects to the local access connector only uses 3 (RNET+/RNET-/GND) connections, you could wire the converter to the RNET terminal blocks instead of the local access port, I have not tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

kontrol out

Post Likes
    My first question would be, if you had one what would you do with it? You need the 5 pin Rnet connector that mates with an APT or the newer style USB-L kit. Do you have the database and WebCtrl loaded and running on your laptop as a server? Without those, the connector will do you no good.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod53 View Post
    My first question would be, if you had one what would you do with it? You need the 5 pin Rnet connector that mates with an APT or the newer style USB-L kit. Do you have the database and WebCtrl loaded and running on your laptop as a server? Without those, the connector will do you no good.
    I concur.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod53 View Post
    That will not be the case in future. WebCTRL 5.2 will allow you to suck program from module. Now that is if the module has a ver 4 driver and program creator permitted for this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The_USC_2001 View Post
    That will not be the case in future. WebCTRL 5.2 will allow you to suck program from module. Now that is if the module has a ver 4 driver and program creator permitted for this.
    This is true won't have to much longer for this.

Post Likes
    You can "suck the program" out even when using WC4.1, but you do it while connected to the module using your laptop as a server.

How about this, connect wirelessly with your laptop or even "suck it out" onto your server? Either way, if you don't have a connection to WebClrl, I'm not aware of a way to do it.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast