Post Likes

Angry [AX] driver different brand

Hi guys,

Anyone try to buy a driver from brand X and install it in jace from brand Y ?

I have a FX60 and I need BACnet driver. JCI have increase price of driver (more 40%!!!! ) so can I buy driver from Honeywell and install it in FX60?

Thanks

Post Likes
    HW will not be able to modify a license to a jace that's not under their brand and vice versa.

Sounds like jci is really embracing open protocols.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

3. Likes MaxBurn liked this post
    Post Likes
    So if I send my hostID to HW they will know it's a JCI jace, and license won't working, right?

Post Likes
    Sure will. Tridium would have a real crap show on their hands if vendors could dink with other brands.

Post Likes
    Maybe Honeywell chooses not to do so, but they certainly could. I buy licenses for non Distech JACEs all the time through Distech.

Post Likes
    Modify the original license features ( the license listed as "xyz brand (Tridium x.x never expires)" ) or just add a distech driver under a separate license file?

Bacnet would be in the original tridium license and as far as i know the only one making changes to that is the brand that originally sold it. You can add 3rd party drivers, which some come with an additional license file if thats what your referring to.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Modify the original license features ( the license listed as "xyz brand (Tridium x.x never expires)" ) or just add a distech driver under a separate license file?

Bacnet would be in the original tridium license and as far as i know the only one making changes to that is the brand that originally sold it. You can add 3rd party drivers, which some come with an additional license file if thats what your referring to.
    Modifying the original license features. I've gained several customers as one of our competitors who previously served them used JCI and was unable to offer a license upgrade to a newer AX release. I probably come across one job per year where I have to do this. Distech doesn't care, they are happy to take my money and Tridium seems content to fill the orders.

Post Likes
    I've had lynxspring, alerton and distech sell me license changes and new drivers for JCI jaces in the past and vice versa. The only time I've had issues is with schenider branded jaces, and then we just toss them in the trash and put another flavor in.
    Friends don't let friends Lon.

Post Likes
    I got word that the JCI price list had several errors. Their price on the AX BACnet driver was one of them that had the wrong price and has been re-adjusted.

Post Likes
    open source and open protocols, gotta love it. what a joke.

Post Likes
    open protocols yes, open source no!

My distributor asked to JCI WTF these prices, a JCI guy said because they want to kill AX for N4... Another JCI guy (marketing) said (after several complaints) ok it's an error... Let me check and I let you know in 2-3 wks...
    So I think prices will be "corrected" in middle of december

The next in a future episode

Post Likes
    Interesting. Our HW & Vykon supplier told me they could do this. Once I laid down a PO & HostID the story changed to they couldn't mess with other brands. That was maybe 2-3 yrs ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    open source and open protocols, gotta love it. what a joke.
    Crazy someone would want to get paid for software they created ain't it? The bastards even charge you for the specification of their open protocol.

Everyone seems to be sitting there with their hand sticking out.