Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

One stuck NAE & one flash storage error during NUT both 5510-1

Hello folks having an issue nutting two NAE5510-1's. Just finished with another NAE5510-1 and a NAE35 earlier so I know its nothing to do with my computer settings. I've done this a dozen times before with out issue then bazinga two failures in a row.

-The first one gave me an error of "512MB of flash storage is required for this release contact your JCI rep for upgrade options"

-The second one is just stuck after it finished with the transfer of the tbramdisk.

I'm doing PXE option with the netgear hub straight from the manual if it matters.
    Last edited by nasaguyjoe; 08-05-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Post Likes
    Also for the storage error I tried to nut it at 4.1 in the super off chance the NAEs case was changed and it was actually a 5510-0 and it gave me the same error.

And the NIC Tool doesnt seem to pick them up.

Post Likes
    what version of nut tool are you using?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nasaguyjoe View Post
    Also for the storage error I tried to nut it at 4.1 in the super off chance the NAEs case was changed and it was actually a 5510-0 and it gave me the same error.

And the NIC Tool doesnt seem to pick them up.
    The last version for a -0 is 4.0.6 or something like that. 4.1 wouldn't go on a -0.

Post Likes
    NUT tool is V. 6.5

Post Likes
    try to put 4.0 on that one as nickdeal suggested.

Post Likes
    The oldest image I have is 4.1

Post Likes
    The 4.0.6 image should be on the disk that has the 4.1 image on it.
    They did that so that -0's could be upgraded to the latest supported version.

Post Likes
    If that works, a 0 can be converted into a 1 pretty easily. But you didn't hear that from me.

10. Dislikes klrogers disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Can you shoot me a PM JCIman

Post Likes
    Can you shoot me a PM JCIman
    I can't. You just have to change out the memory chip with a bigger one. I think the -0's had 256MB flash memory and you need to replace that with 512MB.
    They are standard modules...cheap and easy to get.

Post Likes
    Little update.. the CF card on the memory problem one was not fully inserted. Inserted and took the update with no issues other than for some reason with the 7.0 update the metasyssysagent password does not work on the remote desktop. Even after you go through the changethispassword stuff. It was configured as an NIE so I reflashed to 6.0 did changemodel then flashed back up to 7.0.

I think the other one is totally bricked. I have another one with bad trunks I'm going to see if I can make a working one from two.

Post Likes
    Usually when you get a full line lights it is stuck in loop.....In the past I have taken the Memory card out of the back of the NAE and wipe it clean using a Flash card adapter with usb on your machine. Erase all it contents and then reinsert the card back into the NAE and reassemble....then re nut. This will do the trick normally 10 out of 10.2 times...

Hello folks having an issue nutting two NAE5510-1's. Just finished with another NAE5510-1 and a NAE35 earlier so I know its nothing to do with my computer settings. I've done this a dozen times before with out issue then bazinga two failures in a row.

-The first one gave me an error of "512MB of flash storage is required for this release contact your JCI rep for upgrade options"

-The second one is just stuck after it finished with the transfer of the tbramdisk.

I'm doing PXE option with the netgear hub straight from the manual if it matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast