Carrier RTU Open Question

Have an RTU that has quit twice on a "Program Stopped Alarm". Literature rather lacking on what causes the alarm. Downloading controller rings it back for a while. Anyone seen this before?

I seem to remember a similar alarm with some automated logic controllers, zn or se if I remember right. They eventually failed and had to be replaced. I think it's a memory/chip issue that ended up being the culprit. I'd have a new one ready to go.

When you state Programm Stopped Alarm, I'm assuming you're reading from an alarm section on the i-Vu, or Field Assistant?

Have you checked out the board itself for an LED error sequence? A lot of the problems can be diagnosed by looking at the run and error led lights, and then checking the sequence against the list in the RTU Open install guide.

Memory or corrupt programming could be a cause, but is this RTU on a CCN network? Carrier has put out a lot of updates recently that correct issues with their OEM programs, such as DX overcooling causing shutdown.

RTU Open, so not CCN. Do a modstat on it and see what it says. There might be some info in there. Might want to check which driver it's using.

But the latest driver in it. I would app load it.

drv_rtuopen_std_6-00-082.driver is the latest with support for the touch devices

Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    drv_rtuopen_std_6-00-082.driver is the latest with support for the touch devices
    X2 and zs sensors

Sent a copy of mod stat report off to a Carrier controls tech I know and he noted error that stated "could not allocate mem spaces", means that board needs replacing.

Try app loading it before replacing. It has got me out of a lot of jams do you have app loader. I can send you the file for a rtu open

I have 5.1 Tools on an older laptop, trying to get the new 6.0 version because I can't get 5.1 to work on new Windows 7 computer, unsure why.

Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    I have 5.1 Tools on an older laptop, trying to get the new 6.0 version because I can't get 5.1 to work on new Windows 7 computer, unsure why.
    Should wrk fine on windows 7